Pack gun holder

Wireman07

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to see what everyone is using for carrying your rifles on your pack. Looking for something that works good, easy to use and deploys rifle quickly. Ive seen a few different ones online, and the Kifaru gun bearer looks appealing to me, except the fact it rides under your arm. Thanks everyone!

Stone Glacier works great for me and can be used on about any pack with two side compression straps. I use it on kuiu, EXO, and stone glacier packs. I have far too many obstacles hunting to have my rifle barrel riding under my arm and sticking out in front of my and in my vision. The stone glacier is easy to release and is out of the way until you need it.

BluMtn

WKR
I started with the KUIU, but several of my rifles would not fit in the bucket. I am now using the SG and really like how it holds the gun and also the easy release when you need it.

All American Boy

Lil-Rokslider
I drank the Koolaide and picked up the Kifaru gun bearer. So far so good. Releases quick, nice to remove some weight directly from my shoulder, and keeps my hands free for binos and climbing.

BiG_Sea

FNG
I drank the Koolaide and picked up the Kifaru gun bearer. So far so good. Releases quick, nice to remove some weight directly from my shoulder, and keeps my hands free for binos and climbing.

Me too, and I like that the muzzle is in view at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
You could strap a kifaru medium belt pouch to the bottom of your pack and assuming you had horizontal tension straps, put the butt of the rifle in the unzipped pouch and strap the compression straps over the rear of the stock/forend.Screenshot_20190611-202118_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
I carry mine front low ready buttstock at my right shoulder barrel down on left front. I use a simple para cord system that allows a ton of adjustment but is completely hands free. The rifle is attached high on the shoulder straps so it assists in pulling the bag forward to offset the weight. No need to unsling to shoot. Just grab the gun and fire. I do a lot more hunting than straight hiking

Tank76

FNG
I’ve been using the gun bearer from Kifaru for a few years and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nkoza

Lil-Rokslider
I was skeptical about the Kifaru too until I tried it. Now I absolutely love it. Riding under the arm works great

LionHead

WKR
+1 Kifaru as well. If I want to pack carry I just move the bucket to the side molle and secure with compression straps.

I've use this system with scope under the armpit for 4-5yrs now keeps my rifle ready to rock

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Mturney

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Kifaru gun bearer. No more tired shoulders or awkward climbs trying to keep my rifle in the right position. Fast deployment also is a plus.

Wrench

WKR
I made a gun bearer style that works well. I also made this little button that holds my sling and eliminatessling slide. I can go hands free....but I run light rifles.2019-07-01 07.43.34.jpg

I use the Kifaru Gun Bearer. I thought it would bother me under the arm too, but I doesn't. I highly recommend it. I previously tried the Kuiu and exo options.

hikenhunt

WKR
I use the Kifaru Gun Bearer as well. I like that I can always see the barrel. If I know I will be hiking for a while without much chance of seeing something, I will flip the gun around and have the scope face out. It rides better for long distances like that for me.