Pack Hip Pouches that Don't Close with Zipper / Velcro???

shmcleod

FNG
I am looking for hip pouches I can add to my Kuiu pack that don't close with zipper or velcro. With a zipper, it is impossible to close with one hand, and still tricky to close with two cuz its too damn hard to twist your body around and hold the back of the pouch in place while you close the zipper. Velcro is obviously a non-starter based on how loud it is. Is there someone who makes good size hip pouches that close using magnets or the elastic strap/hook system used by FHF?

I also recall there being a Rokslide member who makes custom pouches, but can't find the thread.

Any help is appreciated!

*zap*

WKR
I often use military style dump pouches, TAG has some good ones that have a drawstring closure.

sasquatch

WKR
Following, a magnetic closure similar to how Yeti bag ice chest closes would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
shmcleod

shmcleod

FNG
Havnt figured anything out yet. I think a dump pouch system makes a lot of sense, but most of them are quite large.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
shmcleod

shmcleod

FNG
Still waiting to hear from Pods8

*zap*

WKR
Havnt figured anything out yet. I think a dump pouch system makes a lot of sense, but most of them are quite large.

Look at the maxpedition rollypoly....it is 1/3 the size of the military pouches. Drawback is a belt style loop for attaching it. The military ones mostly have opening loops that can go around a belt or thru pals webbing.

I have a Seek Outside Nalgene bottle holder, I rarely use it for a bottle, been using it like a dump pouch and really like it. Lightweight, good size, has the draw string closure but usually don’t bother with it.

I run a dump pouch on my left hip and a zipper pouch (stone glacier) on my right. Dumper is great for grab and go items or stuff you want easy access to. They flop a little too much for full time use IMO. My current dump pouch is from a shop called tactical tailor. They sell on Amazon and a site called skd as well as direct. That rolly Polly version @*zap* mentioned above is a good option But I swapped it out for the TT version to save a little bulk and weight.

FWIW Tactical tailor has some belt pouches you can operate one handed.

bonus feature of a dump pouch is it can be a gun carrier. Drop the butt of the gun into the pouch and rig a strap to your shoulder strap for the forend or barrel and it works like a gun bearer.

OP
shmcleod

shmcleod

FNG
I have some dump pouches i bought for a tree saddle so I'll give those a try..