Pack in

Lowe43

FNG
I have hunted from the truck but want to try to venture out a few miles and set up camp. Question:
When you pack how many changes of clothes do you take? Being you must be limited because of your tent. Food gear ECT. Normally I take 4 sets and change daily hanging out other set to air out? What are you doing?

jolemons

WKR
One set of clothes, extra sock and liner and maybe extra boxer brief of I'll be out for more than a week. No experienced backpacker will bring more than one set.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
Spare socks and liners, then applicable layers. Just spent 7 days in the same clothes...rotated socks as feet got wet, making sure to dry the pair I took off.

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
What do you do for scent control?

The only garment I carry more than one of is socks and liners. I try to take a creek bath and do laundry every three or four days for hygiene and my own personal funk tolerance.

Hunt the wind. Humans have been killing things with primitive weapons a lot longer than we’ve been bathing and wearing clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1GIG

FNG
As said above, layers as weather dictates, puffy jacket, etc. Spare socks and briefs, but no other change of cloths.

I different from others and take one complete change just in case I get soaked for one reason or another, and always a couple extra pair of socks and underwear, an extra pair of pants and a shirt are not that heavy or cumbersome to deal with in my opinion.

Poser

WKR
One set of clothes, adding or taking away warm layers as needed. One extra pair of socks. While I could see swapping out a baselayer top after 5 days or so, anymore than that and you should probably just stick to truck camping.

cmahoney

WKR
One set, extra socks sometimes and underwear if it’s going to be more than 5 days or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The clothes on my back and I pack base layer, puffy, beanie, gloves, and a lightweight backpacking type rain jacket. I run a exo 3500 so I dont have alot of room for bulk with all my other gear but I'm thinking of packing a extra pair of boxer's (had a very questionable pair after 4 days this year:rolleyes:). Trying to be scent free in the backcountry is pointless you will never fool a elk

rodney482

WKR
Depends on conditions but usually just extra FL boxer and FL tee and extra pr of socks.

Wear my clothes in. (Minus insulated gear)