pack list help

fire652

WKR
I have been working for 4 years while going to school on my list and next year will finally have the time and money to make a trip out west. I have tested most of the items on my list but would like input on if I need to subtract or add anything. Sole Adventures website has been a great help as well as this site. Thanks for the advice. The pack has not been tested but I think it will be the one I get when it is released, BTW I also have a eberlestock blue widow for sale now that has never seen blood and is in perfect shape if anyone is interested.

Pack
Stone Glacier sky 7400 (need)
Platypus 4 liter gravity works

Sleep System
eureka isis 2
Big Agnes lost ranger 15
Big Agnes Insulated Q-Core
Gossamer Gear Polycryo

Cooking / necessities
Jetboil Sol aluminum
Aluminum Foil
Platypus Gravityworks, 4L
MicroPur Tablets
point6 trekking tech heavy (2 pair/1 worn) (need)
exofficio give and go (2.5 oz each) (need)
sitka merino
Sitka Kelvin Set
redhead realtree ap
Sitka Core
sitka face mask / traverse gloves

Emergency Items
Suunto A-10 compass
Bic Mini
50' duct tape
Lint/Vaseline, Matchbook
Adventure Medical Kit, Ultralight .7
SOL Emergency Bivy

Kill Kit
Sea to Summit, XXS need
Havalon Piranta
Game bags
25 feet parachute cord
TAG
Strapped to pack or in pocket

Petzl E99 PG2 Tikka XP 2
Garmin Etrex Legend
x2 batteries
Nikon 550 rangefinder
Corn Starch in Squeeze Bottle
Bugling Bull Reeds, x4
ElkNut Chuckler

Total pack weight w/o food = 28 lbs
Total pack weight with food for 6 days = 43.2 lbs

Worn in
Cabelas Meindl Alaska Hunters
Sitka Core set
Sitka 90% jacket
Sitka 90 % pants
LEKI Corklite Speedlock trekking poles
Vortex optics 10 x 50, Rick Young Ultralight Harness

Weapon
Mathews Chill – 60 lbs /29” draw
Tightspot, Easton Bloodline, Broadheads
truball beast 2

The tent is the only thing I am truly not happy with but have not found a better option to replace it. I was going to try the mega tarp or little bug out shelter, but not sure what weather they can withstand and they seem to put me right back at the weight of my current temp. Not sure how the nest and bivy sack work with the tarp - kind of redundant if you ask me but any one with experience with these please correct me if I am wrong

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Personally, a lot depends on season and area you are planning to go. I know a lot of people focus on pack lists which to me, are great in a way (especially for your first couple times) but at the same time pack lists can become counter productive to the enjoyment. You know what you need. Break things into segmented kits of gear and go out and enjoy yourself. Typically, I often make sure I have two of certain things, like light sources, water purification and fire capability. Things like kill kit, is really just a bag that gets thrown in the pack. One comment I can make though, is 50 feet of duct tape , are you planning on building a boat or patching an airplane :). Whatever you do make sure you have fun and enjoy yourself.

OP
F

fire652

WKR
Understand where you are coming from on duct tape, I have always kept some with me for whatever happens, might cut it back though. This will be an elk hunt in colorado next september in the snowmass area (friend lives there but does not hunt just backpacks and fishes so we will be experiencing this for the first time together). First time going out west on a DIY hunt so trying to have everything tested as much as possible before I go.