Pack Questions, Please Help!

wesfromky

WKR
Look at the Kifaru bags that are made for the 22" frame, like 22mag, woodsman, apollo, etc.

I had a woodsman on a 24" and now a 22mag on a 22', and like both. The woodsman will compress down pretty good for a day pack, or you can add a few pouches and a lid and have room for several days.

Or, might look at the 14r? Kifaru 14r Daypack with Kristy Titus - YouTube

Still looking for more info on these packs. Especially for my wife. She is @ 5'4", so curious who has packs that will work for shorter torso the best. Her pack will probably be smaller, but still want to be able to pack some meat, some gear when not in day pack mode.

OP
B

bhowren

Lil-Rokslider
Tanya said on the Avery Adventures podcast that she loves the 22 mag on a 22" frame. It was on one of the older Q&A podcasts from last summer I think.

Thanks! I will try to find this podcast and see what she has to say.

OP
B

bhowren

Lil-Rokslider
Look at the Kifaru bags that are made for the 22" frame, like 22mag, woodsman, apollo, etc.

I had a woodsman on a 24" and now a 22mag on a 22', and like both. The woodsman will compress down pretty good for a day pack, or you can add a few pouches and a lid and have room for several days.

Or, might look at the 14r? Kifaru 14r Daypack with Kristy Titus - YouTube

Thanks! I will take a look. We will have to go North and have my wife try the frame on. Nothing within 3 hours of home!

Leebob

FNG
OP, if you are still researching and looking for information, I got my SO Brooks a week or so ago. I haven’t had it out that much, and with nothing heavier than 45 lbs, but my initial impression is that is a fantastic pack. Fully expanded, it is huge, and looks like it can handle anything you can throw at it. It compresses down very nicely to daypack size, It’s very light, build quality is excellent, and is extremely comfortable. My only reservation is the meat shelf. It is a little on the smallish side and not all that adjustable but will allow you to carry heavier weight up off the bottom of the bag. Overall I’m very impressed with the pack, and have no reservations about recommending it. It sounds like SO is developing the same bag to be used with the Revo panel, giving even more flexibility to the platform. Hope this is of some help.

OP
B

bhowren

Lil-Rokslider
OP, if you are still researching and looking for information, I got my SO Brooks a week or so ago. I haven’t had it out that much, and with nothing heavier than 45 lbs, but my initial impression is that is a fantastic pack. Fully expanded, it is huge, and looks like it can handle anything you can throw at it. It compresses down very nicely to daypack size, It’s very light, build quality is excellent, and is extremely comfortable. My only reservation is the meat shelf. It is a little on the smallish side and not all that adjustable but will allow you to carry heavier weight up off the bottom of the bag. Overall I’m very impressed with the pack, and have no reservations about recommending it. It sounds like SO is developing the same bag to be used with the Revo panel, giving even more flexibility to the platform. Hope this is of some help.

The Seek Outside Packs are on my list to check out. I am going on a Rifle Elk Hunt in Colorado this year with my Nephew. Hoping to find one to check out then??? Haven't found any to look at here in Southwestern Oregon.