Pack recommendation

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
I’m late to the thread but EXO is coming out with an extra shirt frame for woman and kids. It’s not on the site yet but will be this summer.

AkRyan

WKR
My wife is 5'5" 140 and the Stone Glacier x curve fits her perfectly.

Late to the women's pack party but here is what I've been using - 5'7" and 17" pack measurement so the F1 mainframe has been very comfy for me, I used that to pack out my mule deer 2 seasons ago. I put a larger hip belt on it and the men's straps acutally fit me much better than the women's and the load lifters work.
Something to consider is when guys complain about a pack it might actually work better for you if your pack measurement is not too long and you aren't super tall (he complains about load lifters...they probably work for you).
I also have a decades old Peak 1 frame that I put molle straps on with a wilderness specialties load sling - that is very comfortable with alot of weight in it. I love that old Peak 1 frame as it was my first elk pack so I still have the Dwight Shuh pack bag laying around somewhere...guess that kinda dates me :)

WyoKid

WKR
Discussion right up my alley. I have been running with a Kuiu for 6 years and have a smaller frame at 5'4" and 145 lbs. Kuiu was fine for most applications, including 3 day backcountry pack in and Alaska Fall hunt. However, I have noticed that shoulder straps don't fit well and even at the shortest adjustment on the Kuiu I still have a 1" gap and with substantial weight (1/4 elk hind and back straps with 3 days of gear), the pack slips down to my tailbone no matter how tight the suspension belt because of the inability to get the shoulder straps closer to the top of my shoulder. I have been looking at Exo and SG x curve. I am not a woman but looking at female specific packs hoping for a better fit.

I would be interested to hear from guys or gals in the same boat - while not all hunters are 5'6" or more and 165 lbs or more, I understand that these companies cater to the most common demographic.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Discussion right up my alley. I have been running with a Kuiu for 6 years and have a smaller frame at 5'4" and 145 lbs. Kuiu was fine for most applications, including 3 day backcountry pack in and Alaska Fall hunt. However, I have noticed that shoulder straps don't fit well and even at the shortest adjustment on the Kuiu I still have a 1" gap and with substantial weight (1/4 elk hind and back straps with 3 days of gear), the pack slips down to my tailbone no matter how tight the suspension belt because of the inability to get the shoulder straps closer to the top of my shoulder. I have been looking at Exo and SG x curve. I am not a woman but looking at female specific packs hoping for a better fit.

I would be interested to hear from guys or gals in the same boat - while not all hunters are 5'6" or more and 165 lbs or more, I understand that these companies cater to the most common demographic.
I may be able to help as our packs are designed for smaller framed folks. They are primarily intended for kids, but some gals use them, too. A 22” backboard would probably be just right.

PM or call, and we could discuss in more detail. I could also send you a loaner to try out.

Steve

kyle1112

WKR
I'm selling my wife's pack in the general classifieds she is about your size and the pack fits her and carries weighted loads great from what she has said! Let me know if you're interested, we are pretty motivated to get it sold.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WyoKid

WKR
I'm selling my wife's pack in the general classifieds she is about your size and the pack fits her and carries weighted loads great from what she has said! Let me know if you're interested, we are pretty motivated to get it sold.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Hey, Kyle1112, thanks for reaching out. I appreciate the offer but I took the plunge on a Stone Glacier. I happened to be near their store and stopped in to try a few packs with weight and they helped me get the right size and fitted it my size and typical load weight. I would recommend SG as long as your wife can actually try the pack and get fitted properly if you are looking for a replacement.