Pack Repair

Hey everyone. I just noticed my dog got to one of the buckles on my pack. It seems to still work, but it’s a suspension buckle, so I’d rather go the route of repairing it.

I’ve reached out to KUIU for a repair service, and will have to get a buckle from them, but does anyone know a good place in the Denver area that would be able to do the sewing that’s required for the repair? Want to weight my options before this buckle turns into a new Kifaru pack.

Thanks in advance

I actually just got one of my pack straps fixed that was ripped, I called an upholstery place and they just folded it over and sewed it together, seems to be holding up fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have Kuiu buckles and sewing machine to make whatever you want, including sewing some anchors for the Sherman pouch you can add to your KUIU frame. I run a KUIU and a Kifaru.

I have all sorts of hardware as well…

OP
A
I have Kuiu buckles and sewing machine to make whatever you want, including sewing some anchors for the Sherman pouch you can add to your KUIU frame. I run a KUIU and a Kifaru.

I have all sorts of hardware as well…

Heard back from KUIU today. They are sending me a new buckle. Does it require a more robust sewing machine/needle for this type of work? Doesn't sound like a terrible amount of complexity.

I have used my dry cleaner to get stuff stitched up...all kinds of gear..they even fixed the suspenders on my duck hunting waders last year and my turkey vest is there now since season is over getting some straps reattached.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Heard back from KUIU today. They are sending me a new buckle. Does it require a more robust sewing machine/needle for this type of work? Doesn't sound like a terrible amount of complexity.
It’s not that complex. Most home machines can do a couple layers of webbing. You can sew by hand with the right thread and stitches.

jbs29

FNG
Recommend a higher gage thread but shouldn't be difficult. If you're really concerned there's always a few inches of picture frame wire to reinforce

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I usually recommend that people stop by their local firehouse and ask the guys who repairs their bunker gear. Chances are they know someone locally with industrial machines. Outside of that you can grab a speedy stitcher or some upholsterer needles with some heavy duty thread and do it yourself. Braided fishing line is about as good as it gets for thread for hand sewing if you can't find heavy duty upholstery thread.