Pack saw

EastMont

FNG
Long time creeper of this forum, first time poster.

I have been carrying a foldable cheap saw for a couple years for clearing small trees, but its a chore to cut anything substantial. What do you all carry for a trail saw. I have a couple burros so packing a cross cut really isn't practicle. (See burros below)

I bought a Husky foldable from Home Depot.It cuts through anything.
I call it "Satan" the saw.Has a double row of teeth that cut quickly and
cleanly.Works great on mesquite here in Az.Rubberized handle and hand strap.
Use it instead of my chainsaw in limbs up to 3". :cool:

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
I pack a trail saw from Outfitter supply like this.. Hungry devil..
a866a1b344bf68efa4467302f7d8cd70.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Im looking for a light weight saw for my stove/tipi set up. Heard some good things about Silky, looking on amazon there a a few options at or under 1lb and they say cuts through 6" limbs like butter. Anyone else confirm the Silky?

Wrench

WKR
Im looking for a light weight saw for my stove/tipi set up. Heard some good things about Silky, looking on amazon there a a few options at or under 1lb and they say cuts through 6" limbs like butter. Anyone else confirm the Silky?
I have a couple. I use the coarse toothed one. It's awesome. Awesome awesome. I can cut through 2" stuff in one pull 50% of the time. 3" stuff is two pulls. Easily worth the $$.

Is the crosscut option not practical for you because you are often solo or because most are 72 inches and too large for your burrow? I picked up this one last fall, its 36 inches and fits nicely over the top of our llama saddles.0614192138.jpg0614192138a.jpg0614192139.jpg

Love that Dandy saw! Googling one of those immediately!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm glad I found that. It went on two hunts last year and I'm kinda bummed I didn't get a chance to use it. Those dang llamas are too good at going around and over things. :)

IrishnId

WKR
I'll be putting one on my saddle. Probably end up making a leather scabbard for it. Be nice for cleaning up a fallen tree or two.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
E

EastMont

FNG
Thank you everyone, this has been awesome, I might pick up a Fanno, but I like that smaller cross cut.

Brooks

WKR
I like the Fanno saw and scabbard but I use this little saw I picked up at a Stihl dealer more than the Fanno....good saw for smaller trees and beaches 7A6B9104-8829-4D3A-9A45-C06947EC8ACA.jpeg

OP
E

EastMont

FNG
That stihl actually looks pretty niffty. Thanks everyone for the input!

Logan T

WKR
bigbaddad knows which saw to use.

those fanno saws are always on a trip into the mountains when whether we are packing in or doing day trips. that is riding in a saddle though. it's small enough to be out of the way for the most part..... although it isn't near as sexy looking as that Dandy saw.

I have a couple Silky saws. A small Super Accel 210 for the pack, and a bigger Katanaboy 500.

Check out the 500, it's no joke. I keep it in the truck now instead of a chainsaw for back country travel, where a tree might fall across the road.

qIl6NpT.jpg

8JOTquF.jpg

I have had great luck with the fanno saw. I have cut trees up to 20". It is work but they cut very well if you are in a wilderness area.