Pack Suggestions

N.ID7803

WKR
Hi, I am in the market for a new pack. I do primarily day hunts for elk out of my truck. Right now I have a Badlands monster 2200, I like it but when I get something down there is no packing out a quarter to go get a pack frame. I like the freedom and mobility that the Monster provides, I just really need to cut out the extra trip. I hunt N. Idaho so its steep and brushy and all the elk are in hell holes. My concern with these other bigger packs is that they are always going to be hung up in the brush. Ideally this pack would serve as my main pack for archery elk, shed hunting and whitetail hunting. I'm 6'0 200lbs. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Sealee12

Lil-Rokslider
Exo K3 1800 is slim and trim to allow you to move through that tough country.

for the brush issue, the mystery ranch pop ups are really the best thing going.... no frame sticking up in hunting mode, but converts into a very capable hauler for that first trip out. i have packed out several bulls and a bunch of whole quartered bucks in mine. it doesn't haul as well as my EXO, but it's certainly not a handicap for hauling out some heavy loads. i have the same issue here on the coast with brush, the pop up was exactly what i was looking for, it's the ultimate archery roosie pack.

i still wear my EXO on a regular basis depending on where i'm hunting, because it is more comfortable with a heavy load.... if i'm hunting NF land crawling through salmon berry and devil's club all day, the pop up is a better pack.

Seek Outside frame. You can use one of their bags or attach about any bag you want to it. They have easily adjustable frame height. Since their frames are so easily adjustable I actually cut over an inch off the tops of the frame to make it even shorter when I use it for hunting then add the frame extensions for packing weight. The seek outside frame is very durable, ultra comfortable and highly adjustable. Their pack bags as well as other high end ones pack down so small you won't even know they are their.

Last edited:
I wear an Exo 2000 for day hunts. Perfect size and could probably do a 2 night trip out of it with good packing.

Had a eberlestock gunslinger 2 that was a good shorter duration hunting pack and was absolutely bullet proof however it is a little on the heavy side. Upgraded this year to the kifaru fulcrum and have loved it although far more expensive than most packs