Pack to haul a moose out of the buch with

brohymn2

FNG
Hey giys dont have money for something super high end ie kifaru exo and what not. But am gonna need a pack. Have a old army 64 pattern jump ruck i added aftermarket straps and yoke too. Would that suffice or is there a better option i should be looking for pn the cheaper side of the spectrum.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Ray

WKR
A new kelty frame pack will work fine. A old Camp trails frame pack with a new kelty belt and straps will work too. You can call Kelty customer service and talk them into selling you a replacement belt/strap system.

Get a dozen cheap sleeping bag straps with ladder locks on one end and tie them off to the sides of the frame.

If you do it right, you may have spent less than $50 on a pack that can carry more weight than most people can pick up off the ground.

VernAK

WKR
A sturdy frame pack has been my choice for 50 years.
A moose requires multiple trips.....we usually have 15
packs of boned out meat [40] pounds each plus a cape
that will bow your legs and the head/antlers.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
brohymn2, i'd ditch that idea. That frame isn't long enough to distribute a hind quarter weight ergonomically. The reason the Camp Trails, Cabela's, and Barney's pack frame are so commonly recommended is due to the length and weight of the aluminum frames, along with good shoulder straps, waste belt, and padding.

For the money, a cabela's pack frame is sufficient for about $100.

Cabela's Online Store - Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear

lb

OP
B

brohymn2

FNG
Thanks guys gonna get a cabelas psck today

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk