Pack Waist Adjustment Buckle Hitting Gun

Semorbux

FNG
I just got my new MR Popup 28 today and I absolutely love it. After setting it up with my gear and trying it on with my rifle shouldered, the gun hits the waist adjustment buckle and is noisy as hell.

Have any of you ran into this problem and how did you fix it. I don't want to use tape like a savage. I was thinking maybe like a neoprene sleeve if I can find something to repurpose or is there an aftermarket product for something like this? Maybe even some Velcro wrapped around it and then taped on the outside of the Velcro? Any suggestions for something removable for when I need to readjust my straps?

Marble

WKR
Can you post a picture of how it's set up while you are wearing it?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
S

Semorbux

FNG
Packs back at the house, I'm gonna take it out in the morning so I'll post a pick when I get back from my hunt. I'd love if it's just a fitting issue and easy to fix. The buckle sticks out about halfway out from under the little flap that it sits in, just enough for my gun stock to tap against it everytime I take a step.

For now I cut off a corner of an old knee brace and it seems like that will work well for my hunt in the morning,fingers crossed.

OP
S

Semorbux

FNG
Are you talking about the side slider on the belt?
Ya sorry I forgot to upload pics. Ya the waist adjustment belts buckle. It peaks out and my gun taps it as I walk. A piece of my knee brace worked really well to dampen it. Was a non issue on my hunt.

Afhunter1

WKR
I have a pop up 28 and a hellcat and both have this same prob. The hellcat actually scratched the heck out of my McMillan stock. I need to find a solution as well. I was thinking of a fabric sleeve as well.

OP
S

Semorbux

FNG
I have a pop up 28 and a hellcat and both have this same prob. The hellcat actually scratched the heck out of my McMillan stock. I need to find a solution as well. I was thinking of a fabric sleeve as well.
Try an old knee brace if you have one handy or you could buy one at Walmart for 10 or 12 bucks. Worked really well and after cutting one strap off, I still have 3 left Incase this one comes off or wears out. Took two tries to get the right cut but that buckle is completely silent now. Easy fix.

Afhunter1

WKR
Try an old knee brace if you have one handy or you could buy one at Walmart for 10 or 12 bucks. Worked really well and after cutting one strap off, I still have 3 left Incase this one comes off or wears out. Took two tries to get the right cut but that buckle is completely silent now. Easy fix.
Good idea. I’ll try that.