pack weight

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
how much does your pack weigh going into a 10 day hunt if you're bringing everything you'll need? This last drop hunt I did my buddy and I weighed our packs the night before and we were both around 140 pounds, that included bino harness, rifle, pistol. I have read and heard people saying that they're going into the field with 80-100 pounds with everything. I'd love to know what they're taking! I have a light weight sawtooth for camp and don't feel like I bring any luxuries aside from a light wt cot. I have another hunt coming up in a couple years and would love to get some ideas on how to cut back on my pack weight.

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
What temperature are you packing for? That just seems extraordinarily heavy. I can do 5 days of bowhunting well under 50#, but that is early season. I jst got my new K3 EXO pack and am going to packup 3 days worth and see how it fits and what it weighs....

OP
C

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
I usually hunt in the middle of september so I pack for 40-60's but always bring a puffy pant and jacket just in case. I usually have 1-2 pounds of food per day plus 2 extra days so thats about 20 pounds. we bring 5 pounds of salt each for the hides. my rifle with ammo is 9 my pistol with ammo is 4 so right there i'm around 40 pounds.

ljalberta

WKR
That sounds insane in terms of weight. I'd definitely be curious to see a pack list to make some comments. I'm backpacking in, but for any 10 day or less hunt in September I'm well under 60lbs all-in.

Geewhiz

WKR
140 lbs of gear is an insane ammount of volume. I dont think I could fit anywhere near 140 lbs of gear in my pack.

jhm2023

WKR
Depends on the style of hunt. If it's the kind of hunt where I pack in and float out, then 50ish pounds going in for 7-10 days. If it's more of a drop camp or boat based hunt then I don't really know, but it's too heavy to pack it all on my back because I'll be living comfortable in my arctic oven with a gstove. cots and real food.

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
Interested in seeing the list, and the model of pack. Does it include a wall tent, cot, chair, large optics. I can imagine getting to 70, 80, with your food, salt and sidearm. But 140?

Usually around 80-90 for me. Max 100 pounds and that's living very comfortably for me on a 14 day hunt. No salt. No excess clothing. 1 pr boots. Just enough freeze dried food. No pots, pans, plates, skillets, etc. No solar charger. No spotter or tripod. Isobutane stove. Goose down everything possible. No waders or wading boots. You get the idea.