Packable down blanket.

Lowg08

WKR
I’m trying to find a good blanket that won’t take up much room or weight. It will be for covering up my kids while sitting in a blind or glassing late season. I’ve looked through REI and other sites. The get out there blanket seems ok

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on COSTCO. I grabbed an Eddie Bauer one from there last year and I love it. Takes up no room in a pack and it weighs nothing.

UtahJimmy

WKR
Check out the Kifaru Woobie. Light weight packs down. Its not down but its super warm .
Just looked this up, you gotta be kidding me! $160 for a blanket and it weighs 2#. Might as well get a real sleeping bag or quilt for that weight and cash.

You can get 6 of the Costco ones for that price and they weigh 1# each.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

archp625

WKR
Just looked this up, you gotta be kidding me! $160 for a blanket and it weighs 2#. Might as well get a real sleeping bag or quilt for that weight and cash.

You can get 6 of the Costco ones for that price and they weigh 1# each.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I agree. Its pricey but you nailed it. I bought it for late season glassing sessions and early season sleeping blanket when I do not need to bust out the sleeping bag. $150 is pretty cheap when you look at it as a sleeping bag.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
These all look like they wood do the job. I’m just trying to make it as comfortable as I can for my 5 year old who is busting to go deer hunting. I bought her all new insulated overalls and the whole nine.

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
Find a poncho liner. Big enough to use as a light weight bag and both kids will fit under it with ease. Cuts the wind well and is synthetic so it dries fast. 25-30 bucks at most surplus stores. Packs down small and is pretty light.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Reactions: FLS

Vandy321

WKR
Depends on the weather/temps.

The original woobie, the army poncho liner...army surplus if you cant find one from a soldier on craiglist. Better for say 40 deg and up.

Anything below freezing during the day and I'd gladly carry the weight of the Kifaru woobie.

Last Oct, temps were below zero opening night, you better believe I had that woobie layered on top of my zero deg bag.

dwent

FNG
I'll throw in my vote for the Eddie Bauer one. They were on sale at costco for a time. I want to say as little as $6 or so. Very light and warm. They passed the test for non-enclosed ice fishing so I think they'll do just fine for glassing. Not sure if they still have them though.

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
The Costco throw is popular with the hammocking crowd. I modified one into a top quilt. The instructions I followed had me pull out the vertical rows of stitches which allows the down to loft much better in the newly formed baffles than in the squares they have sewn it into.

andrew123

FNG
Double Black diamond down throw from Costco is the ticket. There are many sewing modifications you can do to them to turn into sleeping bags, quilts, etc.