Packable fishing pole recommendations

Orvis or St Croix if you want to just buy one.

But I’d recommend building your own. It’s not difficult and you’ll get exactly what you want and enjoy the process. I built a pack rod for my cousin’s son and he cherishes it to this day.

Fire_9

WKR
I actually have a 6’ 3 piece pack rod laying around that I could build for you if you want. Shoot me a PM if you’re interested

FIRE_TX

FNG
I like St. Croix - just be careful with any of the graphite/carbon type rods in terms of damage while transporting. A small nick can lead to breakage. I've had several failures over the years that was not the rods fault but due to handling. Fiberglass (UglyStick) is bulletproof but lacks sensitivity.

ianpadron

WKR
The Daiwa Presso Ultralight is the only rod I recommend, and I fish in the backcountry all summer long. 4 piece, 7 foot, enough power to horse a 20" trout, but sensitive enough for super finesse methods. Great rod tube included, it really checks all the boxes and doesn't even run 100 bucks.

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
Older 2 piece small Ugly Sticks break down small enough to put in a tube to strap on a cantel bag or with the rain gear on the butt or a horse. Can also sling it over your shoulder with a web strap.
The 4 piece Ugly Stiks are bombproof; landed everything from 8" brookies to 15 lb lakers on their 6' 4 piece rod.

remnar

FNG
I use and old Eagle Claw 4 piece glass spinning rod . Not sure if they still make them, but they are durable .

Wassid82

WKR
Who makes a 6 or 8 piece travel fly rod? If I'd ever seen one I'd probably buy it. That would be extremely convenient.
I wish it were made in a 4WT but I've seen several people use these and really like them for back packing....

FLAK

WKR
TenkaraBum.com
I have a Shimatsuke Kiyotake (no longer made)
Light as a feather, collapses into nothing. Love it!!!
Lots of options on these.
Otherwise, a 3wt Cabelas TQR fly rod/reel.
I do love a UL spinning (pfleuger president).

Rhino8541

WKR
As others have mentioned, I’ve had good luck with a 4 piece St. Croix paired with a small Shimano Stradic reel. I’ve flown, backpacked and even retrieved a few downed ducks with it.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
For packable fishing gear nothing beats Tenkara rods!
If you want spinning hear Diawa makes a decent 3 or 4 piece rod that you can pair with your fav spinning reel.

Mtnman84

Lil-Rokslider
As stated above the Diawa presso is an impressive 4 piece rod. Good price you won’t be disappointed

WCB

WKR
Eagle Claw makes a trail master that you can convert from fly fishing to spin caster in seconds. 4 or 6 piece I believe.

I keep a zebco dock demon behind the back seat of my truck....pull all the stock line off of it and loaded it up with 2lb test...you can usually find the spinning reel setup for less than 20 bucks. I will take the reel off the rod when it needs to go into my pack.