Packable Packs for layers

fey

FNG
I'm looking for a packable pack that will fit into a cargo pocket when empty. It'll just be used for carrying in extra layers- to a stand or toting them around if I decide to still hunt for a while.

So far I'm seeing options like:
  • REI Co-op Stuff travel pack
  • Sea to Summit Ultra Sil day packs
  • Osprey Ultralight stuff pack
But I'm interested in others experiences/ suggestions. Besides packability, I'm concerned about noise and durability (not expecting bomb proof, just not 1 missed briar ruining the thing)

Thanks

Try the Sitka Approach packs. https://www.sitkagear.com/products/mountain-approach-pack/optifade-open-country

They are reasonably priced right now at $35. They are not the quietest pack, but they get the job done and pack up into a super tiny space. I used it a couple of times and was surprised how well it worked just for layers on an Archery hunt. So long as you don't load it down, it works great.

Reactions: fey

rayporter

WKR
ok let me put on my flame suit, now...

lets see if i got this straight. you are going to pack in clothes and take off the pack and put it in your pocket when you put on your clothes to sit and glass? then take the pack out of your pocket and put your clothes in the pack when you start to hunt?

Scrappy

WKR
Sorry I'm confused, your looking for something that can carry extra clothes and fit in a cargo pocket???

OP
F

fey

FNG
ok let me put on my flame suit, now...

lets see if i got this straight. you are going to pack in clothes and take off the pack and put it in your pocket when you put on your clothes to sit and glass? then take the pack out of your pocket and put your clothes in the pack when you start to hunt?
Basically, except I'm not just glassing and I'll likely be in a pre-set stand. This is only on private land for now. By the time I spend 1-2 hours walking in, if I'm wearing everything I might need to stay warm sitting for hours, I'll get sweaty.

Because I'm close enough to home/truck, I don't bring a ton of stuff where I'd need a proper pack. My binocular case and vest/pants pockets cover everything small and I add a small fanny pack for muzzleloader items.

Try the Sitka Approach packs. https://www.sitkagear.com/products/mountain-approach-pack/optifade-open-country

They are reasonably priced right now at $35. They are not the quietest pack, but they get the job done and pack up into a super tiny space. I used it a couple of times and was surprised how well it worked just for layers on an Archery hunt. So long as you don't load it down, it works great.

This looks great with the sale price, thank you.

rayporter

WKR
i dont know squat but i sure hope you can find someone to trade with.

at least 2 people could be happy, cause i sure do feel for all you guys.