Packable sleeping bag for a 6 year old?

grfox92

WKR
Thinking of taking my kid on a couple day backpacking trip and then maybe a short hunt this season.

Is there any packable kids sleeping bags that are warm and won't break the bank?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
I bought my 6yo BA Wolverine.

Only difference, I think, was Lil Red (1lb 15 oz) user height was 4’5” and the Wolverine (2lb 6 oz) was 5’0”. He would have something he could grow into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
I bought my 6yo BA Wolverine.

Only difference, I think, was Lil Red (1lb 15 oz) user height was 4’5” and the Wolverine (2lb 6 oz) was 5’0”. He would have something he could grow into.

Yeah exactly...I choose the little red because my daughter is small and will fits her for a while

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
I had North Face Aleutian bags for both of my kids and they worked great--good bags, backpackable and warm. One was synthetic and one was down, which may be discontinued. I'd take a look at used bags too--the kids outgrow them so fast that a bag will have a lot of life in it long after the kid won't fit in it anymore. Can also put them in adult bags folded over with a quilt or something inside to take up the extra space if you aren't pushing the temperature too much.

My kids use mountain hardwear mountain goat adjustable bags for summer backpacking trips. They sleep better than I do

I started my kids in rei kindercones. I started looking for a replacement when they got bigger. I end up moving them to a north face cars meow And pinched off the bottom of the bag. Have them lay in the bag head in the hood. Figure out where to end the foot box. Put the unneeded bottom of the bag in a stuff sack and pinch off the bottom by closing up the draw string.

Here’s a quilt option that’s not too bad. Plus the kid could choose the colors. Might make it more meaningful to them.

bbell

WKR
For my 7y/o boy I bought a Viam quilt. He hates being confined in a bag and moves around a ton. He loves that thing. Hoping to go out this spring sometime for a quick trip.

Seth

WKR
We used BA bags for our kids starting around 3. They always slept great and with sales, they are very budget friendly. The bags are still in use with younger cousins.