Packable treestand for the west

Any advice on a good climbing tree stand for northwest whitetail hunting ? One that packs easy ? Maybe one that allows you to face the tree ? Thanks in advance...

Either go saddle and sticks, or sticks and a lone wolf lock on. Forget what model but it’s around 11 pounds I believe. I’d never carried a climber again. Too heavy and too bulky. The saddle is the way to go though. I’m probably going to order myself one for running and gunning chasing white tails in n Kansas. Used the low wolf last year and it worked but the saddle shave a lot of weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
I've taken the LW Assault and sticks and set up on an aspen wallow. I've had great opportunities on bulls while holding a cow tag. One bull came in while I was standing on the second stick. Pack, bow and stand were on the ground. I had to stand there for 10 minutes waiting for him to leave.

The tough part is counting on perfect wind or thermals when you are there. I once caused a stampede when a light gust of breeze hit my back at exactly the wrong time.

EDIT: I noticed you mentioned a climber. The only climber I would consider is the LW hand climber as it probably packs the smallest.

I tried the saddle system back when it first started to become popular. It didn't work for me but the gear has probably improved and I had minimal patience with the learning/comfort curve. Sold it all.

Last edited:
I'm not sold on the diaper setups yet. Tried them years ago, just didn't work very well for me.

I can't find anything that is ultra lightweight. Depends on where I'm going as to what I'm going to carry. I have a LW wide climber that I have modified a bit, has a mesh seat and weighs somewhere around 11#, then have a lightweight safety belt that's 18-20 ounces. I don't use the climber much, generally a stick or two in the right tree with a few branches and I can get where I need to be with a light lock-on. Just depends on what kind of area you are going to.

I'm not aware of any lightweight climbers that you can face the tree with, if you are wanting to face a tree I would look at the diapers with sticks or a set of lightweight climbing spikes.

LW assault hand climber depending on the type of trees your planning on climbing.

At this point, nobody makes anything better IMHO.

OP
apexbowhunter
Thanks for all the replies.Mainly wanta get just far enough in the trees for concealment and height for visibility to watch the clearcuts that have regrowth just tall enough for deer to hide in. One of the options I wanta try this year