packaroons recipe???

Anyone have a recipe for something similar to Heathers Choice Packaroons. Seems like they would be simple to make but the ingredients are fairly expensive so I wanted to see if anyone had tried to duplicate the recipe before I tried!

Ronb

WKR
Luv those things! Hope someone chimes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Ellensburg
I gave it a try today. Turned out pretty damn good. 8/10 from the wife.

In a food processor add 1 cup pitted medjool dates and 2 egg whites. Blend until a paste

Add 1/4 cup plain almonds

Pulse until almonds are chopped

Add
2 cups finely graded coconut
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs "Swerve" sweetner - could also use organic maple syrup or another sweetner
Pinch of salt

Blend in food processor and use a spatula to get everything incorporated.

Form mixture into tight balls about the size of a ping pong ball.

Bake @ 300 degrees for about 15 minutes.

The ones in my picture I did @ 350 for 17 minutes and I felt they were over cooked. 300 for 15min seemed right.

You could add any dried fruit to these or coco powder, espresso, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0735 (1).jpg
    IMG_0735 (1).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 112
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 121
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 123
OP
Ellensburg
Forgot to add. This yielded about 20 units and cost only $.32 per.

Attachments

• IMG-0740.jpg
    IMG-0740.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 106

atfrith

FNG
I was recently on a mission to find a way to make these at home as well. I'm pretty sure I've gotten these as close as i'm going to get them; and since there aren't any eggs in them (Heather's don't either) i'd think they'd be more shelf stable than other recipes.

Anyways, give these a shot. I've also done some with a twist where I melt some dark chocolate in a bowl and dip these in it before going into the fridge. It will harden on top like a chocolate shell, tasty.

I also frequently double this recipe, as they seem to disappear quickly.

1/2 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
1/2 Cup Almond Flour
2T Maple Syrup or Honey
2T Coconut Oil (melted)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Sea Salt

Simply combine it all together in a bowl until well mixed, then form into what ever size balls/shapes you desire.
I usually put them into the fridge on parchment paper for an hour or so, this allows the coconut oil to firm back up and give the Packaroons some density.

TJ

WKR
I was recently on a mission to find a way to make these at home as well. I'm pretty sure I've gotten these as close as i'm going to get them; and since there aren't any eggs in them (Heather's don't either) i'd think they'd be more shelf stable than other recipes.

Anyways, give these a shot. I've also done some with a twist where I melt some dark chocolate in a bowl and dip these in it before going into the fridge. It will harden on top like a chocolate shell, tasty.

1/2 Cup Almond Flour
2T Maple Syrup or Honey
2T Coconut Oil (melted)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Sea Salt

Simply combine it all together in a bowl until well mixed, then form into what ever size balls/shapes you desire.
I usually put them into the fridge on parchment paper for an hour or so, this allows the coconut oil to firm back up and give the Packaroons some density.

Good looking recipe. I think Heather's Choice dehydrates their packaroons. Given the fat that is in them, I wonder how she does this?

atfrith

FNG
I never thought about dehydrating them...might have to try that out. They take so little time to whip up and they disappear so quickly I guess I just haven't really seen longevity as an issue. Figure i'll just make up a batch before heading to the hills in September and call it good

Ryan Lampers did an IG story one time, and I screenshot the whole thing. Here it is:

2c oats
1T cinnamon
2scoops vanilla protein powder
3T coconut oil
3scoops fine ground coffee (not sure how big a "scoop" is, and flavor of coffee affects taste)
3/4c honey
2c nut butter (almond is good)

Mix that up
Roll it up
Roll in shredded coconut
Let set up in fridge

Pound town

tac83

FNG

1/2 Cup Almond Flour
2T Maple Syrup or Honey
2T Coconut Oil (melted)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Sea Salt

Do you store in the fridge or freeze?

atfrith

FNG
Typically the fridge because they don't last very long. But I've frozen batches as well for later use during hunting season, etc.

Kishi88

FNG
I wonder if there is a way to substitute the almond flour with some other flour. I'm allergic to tree nuts, but I've always thought those packaroons look delicious!