Packers for hire in the Soda Springs, Idaho area?

Dapper

FNG
My son and I will be bowhunting in the area in a few weeks. Even though I exercise three hours a day, not over weight and mentally think I'm as ready to go as I can be for a 67 year old, I have a health issue that my cardiologist thinks needs attention soon. A bad valve in my heart. I've known about it for a number of years and a couple years ago the heart surgeon said I need to wait till I have symptoms , I still have none. But I had a echocardiogram and the cardiologist saids its worse and believes it needs attention. He's a bowhunter, knows I'm headed to Idaho and his words were, Be smart, don't do anything dumb, take breaks.
I know the most work to elk hunting is hauling out a harvested animal. So I'm trying to line up a possible way to make this job easier for both my son and I. I realize that most of these people already have commitments and its a hit and miss. I don't even know if we'll have cell service. But I'd just like to know I've done my best to try and make this a good hunt.

Thanks for any help
Dan

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
Your not to far from Beau Baty and wilderness trail Llamas. I'm rented from him before and his heard is top notch.

Rob5589

WKR
Its 66A and 76
There is a large outfit (usually) at Diamond Flat (76) that may be able to pack for you. I ran into a guy couple years ago that mentioned it in case we needed some help. I haven't checked them myself.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Get on the Idaho Guides association page and look up outfitters licensed for Diamond Creek. If you hire someone not on that list you can both be fined.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
D

Dapper

FNG
Thanks fellows for your help. Everybody have a safe and enjoyable hunt!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Bring some cash and look for horse trailers, most of those guys love a reason to get there horses out.
And it's illegal in Idaho to pay anyone other than a licensed outfitter to pack out anything you kill. They can pack it out if they want their horses or mules to get the work, but you can't legally pay them. Guys get nailed every year for it.

And it's illegal in Idaho to pay anyone other than a licensed outfitter to pack out anything you kill. They can pack it out if they want their horses or mules to get the work, but you can't legally pay them. Guys get nailed every year for it.

This exactly. There are 3 outfitters between 76 and 66A. They are the only ones licensed to accept payment for packing wild game harvests. Google it, figure out which outfitter guides in the area you are planning to hunt, and make a phone call. All 3 are very good men and would be happy to help you.

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
This exactly. There are 3 outfitters between 76 and 66A. They are the only ones licensed to accept payment for packing wild game harvests. Google it, figure out which outfitter guides in the area you are planning to hunt, and make a phone call. All 3 are very good men and would be happy to help you.

I am only seeing one outfitter listed when I search 76/66a under Idaho outfitter and guide assoc. webpage ? Any other places I could find the info? thanks.