Packing Out De Boned Meat Video

littlebuf

Banned
theres some good info for sure.i cant wait till my new T1 gets to haul a load like that.and im glad im not the only one who fumbles around stuffing meat into the pack any way it will go.i picked up a kifaru meat bag but i think i may have to get one of those quarter bags too.really nice to see you putting these videos out,thanks

JPhelps

Lil-Rokslider
Aron,
What do you think of the Sea to Summit 65L e-vent dry bag? I was wondering if you have compared it to the kifaru bags?

It keeps the blood off the other items in my bag and keeps it somewhat structured so it fits in my pack. The only downfall is it doesn't breathe so if the meat goes in hot it will condensate.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Kifaru doesn't breath for chit either, but they do drain through the stitches.

Either would work great and both have multiple uses.

I've used both, but can't say waht is stronger as I never ripped either....did break the buckle on the StS though, but it had A LOT of weight in it!

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
On another note :) :)

If you hang your meat in a Kifaru bag, YOU BETTER MARK IT ON THE GPS!

If you hang it with a Sea to Summit, YOU BETTER CAMO IT UP GOOD!

cmeier117

WKR
So Aron on putting meat in non breathable bag for hauling. Is the meat already cooled as much as it is gonna get?

love the video. hope to pack my own elk out this year instead of everyone else's. Either way, a bad day packing out meat is better than a good day at work.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I usually let the meat hang in a Caribou bag and then transport it in a Kifaru, but if the weather is cool enough I will hang the meat in a K bag as well.

Keep in mind that we normally stay out for multiple days and have multiple tags, so I'm sticking meat in a creek or snow bank to keep it cool and that solves any issues with spoiling.

See video

http://vimeo.com/37628635