Packing your pack

huntcoop

WKR
Do you guys just scrunch up your tent, fly and ground sheet into a waterproof dry bag then into your packs main compartment? If so, what size dry bag for a 1 man tent would you suggest...

Last edited:

kupper

Lil-Rokslider
I do mostly stuff sacks but some things just work better loose. I like being able to find certain things without rummaging around my pack. First aid/possibles/repair is all in a pull out, my kill kit has its own pull out, food has its own pull out, cooking is self contained, and then camp has its own pull out. When I get to where ever I decide on camping I simply pull out my camp bag and food bag and im good to go. I like to leave clothing loose as thats easy to conform around what I have in ultra light pull outs. The essentials (headlamp, tag, TP, ect..) all go in the lid, hip belt, or bino harness for quick access. This system works for me because ive used it enough to know how to pack it fast and how to find it fast. I really like having one big stuff sack for my camp that I just shove everything into rather than rolling everything up individually. This helps me save a pile of time when taking down camp and moving to a new area.