Packit Gourmet

adirondak5

Lil-Rokslider
I can only comment on their Texas mesquite Chicken Salad and the Cajun Chicken Salad , I saw it mentioned in a thread here and got a few of them to try out , the packaging is nice and tight/compact , from the dates on the tags it looks like they package it up when you order it , they shipped mine the day after I ordered . These were easy prep cold water mix (5 0z) , they were great , I plan on carrying a few flat rounds , there's enough in a package to get 2 sandwiches . I am going to grab more for huntin seasons , good break for lunch from pb & j or protein bars , am also gonna try some of their other meals , if as good as the chicken salads they should be excellent . Not the cheapest prices out there but what is cheap and good ?

I was just checking out the website based on my nephews review. He said he liked it much better then other brands. Real food dehydrated. Very tasty.

Rowdy

FNG
I've actually had quite a few of their meals and have been using them for my backpack hunts the last 4 years. For the most part they're better than most other meals, they're a lot like real food and I've only ran into a couple that were bland. The scones and smoothies are something I rarely take but really like them when I do. The only downfall being some can be a little more involved than just adding water. They're definitely worth a try, having more variety is never a bad thing.

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone used their bags and put something like pasta in it then added boiling water once in the mountains?

You mean reuse the bag after eating the meal it came with? I haven't tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. If you want to buy a meal to try out your idea, Dottie's Chicken and Dumplings or the Polenta with sausage are both very good and greatly appreciated in the cold of winter.

Mosby

WKR
Any user reviews on this food? Looks like a step above MH?
Thanks for any info.

http://www.packitgourmet.com/

I have had most of their major offerings and haven't found a bad one yet. I have tried several different brands and I am done researching dehydrated meals. Pack it gourmet is the only brand I am buying going forward. I have not had any stomach issues, like I had with MH and I enjoy eating them. I have a cozy I put my bags into after adding water and it works like a charm.

Super Dinner Bivy