Packs for mobile hunting

Joshs74

FNG
Oops, forgot I answered, but I’m still pretty happy with my Kifaru 357 mag

JonathanT

FNG
The Mystery Ranch Pop Up 28 works well for treestand or saddle hunting. The material is louder than I like for the whitetail woods but works well when your aiming to climb a tree. MR made a pop up 18 at one point but think they stopped making it. The Stone Glacier avail is a great bag but the pop up series is better for this application IMO.

kylehey

FNG
For hunts where I may need to pack out I use a MR Pintler. I had used a pop up 38, which was great. But, i found that i was always running the frame up. Do, the pintler was a better option with its organization. I also have the mule, bag only, for early season and an old cabelas pack for treestand hunting.

lukemcd44

FNG
I am seeking out different options for a small daypack for next year. My current setup is a Lone Wolf sit and climb and I have a Tenzing 2200 Daypack. I love the pack for all day rifle hunts, scouting, etc. but it is definitely heavy to strap on to my climber. I am considering a saddle setup for next year to try and reduce the bulk of carrying a climber. I think that my current pack would suffice for carrying sticks and the saddle setup, but am curious if others have found a good minimalist stand hunting day pack.

For reference the vast majority of my setups are on public land with 3/4 mile+ off trail hikes in.
if you're looking for a minimalist pack, I'd go for the sitka tookbelt, but if you're looking for something with a little more room, I'd go with something like a kifaru stryker- especially if you need something that will bare a decent amount of weight.

ATL

FNG
I have hunted forested public land with a saddle since 2006. My Eberlestock X1 Euro has been a great pack.

Jakerex

WKR
I have a pop up 28 and thought I’d buy a mr guide lite mt frame and a small bag and big bag go replace the pop up. Not gonna happen. Pop up is more comfortable and can haul gear or meat when needed. I’ll keep both systems and use the frame pack for larger critter hauling.

Pop up is a nice bag. I might entertain the pop up 38 instead of the 28 if I had to do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pharmdeez

FNG
I use a badlands 2200 to carry my saddle setup which consists of 4 helium mini sticks, a predator platform, and my phantom saddle.

Pretty happy with my badlands super day pack. Of they added mesh suspension to keep my back from sweating in the early season, I'd have zero complaints

X2 on the SuperDay.
I really like the size and design of mine for Whitetail hunting.

I know this thread is getting a bit old and the OP has probably made his decision by now.

But for others who might be seeking the same info for a solid day pack, I too would vote for the MR Pop Up 28. It's just about the perfect size and shape for day hunts where spot and stalk for pronghorns or mulies and hauling them out is the object. Due to it's slender profile and short height, it's also a great stillhunting pack in the thick woods back east for whitetails, where it doesn't get hung up.

I can't speak to it's application in a tree stand/saddle however. I spent about 2 hours in a treestand, one time back in the '80s, and decided I had enough of that.

Can any of you guys that run the Mule post a couple pictures of how you're packing your stand and sticks or your saddle gear with it? I'm just looking for a couple of ideas on how to pack my stuff and I'm playing around with the idea of buying a Mule bag to see if it's a bit of a better option for day hunting than my Pintler.

I know Eberlestock doesn’t get a whole lot of love on here, but I have an X2 and I think it would be great for a saddle/sticks set up.
I find it to be a bit oversized for what I typically carry, but I love the organization and think it’s a good pack for the money.
I have their F1 Mainframe and it could be set up very easily for a stand/sticks carry with a little storage for extras. It's an incredibly versatile pack system.

Mdk_archer88

Lil-Rokslider
I am seeking out different options for a small daypack for next year. My current setup is a Lone Wolf sit and climb and I have a Tenzing 2200 Daypack. I love the pack for all day rifle hunts, scouting, etc. but it is definitely heavy to strap on to my climber. I am considering a saddle setup for next year to try and reduce the bulk of carrying a climber. I think that my current pack would suffice for carrying sticks and the saddle setup, but am curious if others have found a good minimalist stand hunting day pack.

For reference the vast majority of my setups are on public land with 3/4 mile+ off trail hikes in.
I sold my sitka tool box and I plan on getting the mysteryrajch treehouse. Pretty pricey but can find a used one for around $150. I want it for one sticking.

In my experience, backpacks are a prime example of "you get what you pay for".

Sounds like you're looking for a load frame, not so much a backpack.

Relative to backpacks though, I picked up on a Drago bacpkack a couple years ago and it checks all the boxes for me. Had to use their warranty due to a zipper failure on 1 of the pockets and they were top knotch to deal with, and FAST turn around.

I really want to try the Kifaru Scout. I like the Fanny pack type set ups. Hook my predator pack to the shoulder straps. The scout gives me a lot of molle to work with. If anyone has one or uses a lumbar type set up let me know what you use.