Packs with load lifters?

Load lifters are key! I have always been of the opinion that I would rather get a bigger pack and compress it, then a smaller pack and have to expand it. I have a Kifaru Longhunter guide that i compress and use as a day pack! It works great! Kifaru is worth the price!

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to upsize, but I've never come close to maxing out the crew cab, mostly because I hike in water and food early in the season. Also its mostly during the early season archery hunts. However, I would like to start going for longer and in more remote places.

The DT2 would be an excellent pack for your needs. I know you said something about the sight unseen issue. I fully agre when it comes to many things. However the Kifaru packs are so amazing it is not a concern. The ONLY dilemma is which one to buy and then the obsession of buying more Kifaru products!!! Best of luck.

Another option is the MR 6500 or 7500. The load lifters on those packs work a lot better than the crew cab (actually functioning!). I used the 7500 on a mule deer hunt and it worked fine as a daypack. That maybe a bit cheaper than some of the other options.

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
Another option is the MR 6500 or 7500. The load lifters on those packs work a lot better than the crew cab (actually functioning!). I used the 7500 on a mule deer hunt and it worked fine as a daypack. That maybe a bit cheaper than some of the other options.

If my CC wouldn't have been stolen I would have strongly considered the 6500 but now a nice frame and 6500 is just as much or more than a kifaru. I might still think about it though.

The MR packs are bomber but weigh about 2x the Kifaru. I looked close at them because of the load sling but then realized the load lifters weren't functional with the sling and that pretty much killed it for me.

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
The MR packs are bomber but weigh about 2x the Kifaru. I looked close at them because of the load sling but then realized the load lifters weren't functional with the sling and that pretty much killed it for me.

I've noticed that. The kifaru with the duplex frame and cargo hauler looks nice but I never had a load sling with my nice frame. The only time I would see myself using it is on a short trip to go back and get a quarter or something after an initial trip to the truck.

I've always thought that at load sling/grab-it was ideal for solving the problem of where to put your daypack contents when you are packing out a load of meat. Just keep the daypack stuff in a stuff sack of some sort (compactor bag, for example) and hold it on with the load sling/grab-it.

I've noticed that. The kifaru with the duplex frame and cargo hauler looks nice but I never had a load sling with my nice frame. The only time I would see myself using it is on a short trip to go back and get a quarter or something after an initial trip to the truck.

It seemed like a great idea for a hybrid pack that was less bulky than a full frame for AK mountain hunts and still fill the bill for packing moose. Of the several friends that went this way I don't know of any that felt the pack really worked that great for either roll. To heavy for mountains and no load lifters with the load sling for hauling moose quarters. I am interested to see how the stone glacier packs work out. It seems to have some of the same promise that the MR NICE system did on paper.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffmacdonald77