Pads on a cot can be exciting!

Wrench

WKR
Anyone find the secret sauce to make a pad not want to squirt out from under the bag? I damn near burnt my new neoair pad when it shot out from under my bag like a arrow from a bow.

I'm of reasonable balance and better than average hazard sensing abilities and about half way through the night I deflated that thing to near zero before I got killed.

Have you found a way other than stuffing it in the bag or bivy to keep from getting bucked off?

Vandy321

WKR
I put a bunch of tiny dabs of silicone on both sides of my sleeping pad. Keeps it from sliding on both my bag and tyvek ground sheet

Found that idea on a similar thread last year.

rob86jeep

WKR
get an ultralight bivy that fits your bag and pad; holds it all together like a burrito and you can zip it up at night to make sure no creepy crawlers get in your sleep system when your gone from camp.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Personally, I would never use an air pad on my cot. I use foam. It never slides anywhere, and my bag stays put too. Very comfortable. I use an enclosed foam pad on the bottom and then a couple layers of eggshell foam on top of that.

How about a small thin bungee cord? I’d think a 36-48” piece with a small cord lock would work well, weigh nothing, and not interfere with anything in the sleep system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
Grab a pad strap like folks who use quilts use (or make your own after a trip to Michaels or AC Moore). My UGQ quilt uses what is essentially a very thin bungee cord to keep my quilt on my pad, and I use another one to keep my air-pad on my closed cell foam pad when it's really cold. You can't feel it at all, they weigh next to nothing, and they're dirt cheap.

It's pretty simple. Bring some extra para-cord. Run para-cord around the cot and pad in a couple places....tie a square knot....and cut it. I do this every year and my pad never leaves the cot. Save the para-cord pieces and stow them with the cot or pad for next trip. Your problem is solved with something you already own, and at no cost.

VernAK

WKR
For fly-in hunts I don't bring a cot but have a very thick Big Agnes air mattress that still wants to slide downhill as level camping spots are seldom available. I take a piece of flooring under-layment that feels tacky. This goes on the ground and the mattress on top. No more sliding down hill.

Mosby

WKR
I only use a cot when I am using tent for a base camp and I switched to 1" foam pads for my cots after struggling with air mattress. They work great.

Brendan

WKR
Silicone / Sil-net that gets used for seam sealing. Some strips on the top surface of my Helinox cot, works like a charm.