Painless load development (mine)

SouthPaw

WKR
You’ve been screwing on factory barrels or prefits?
Both, but more prefits. My next 22cm barrel I'll probably try a local gunsmith recommended to me by @huntnful as I've never done a smith-chambered blank. Just to try something new.
That’s an impressive amount of lead you’ve been able to send down range
Meh. I've logged 1.5k-2k centerfire rounds annually over the past few years, mostly .223 and 6.5cm, so pretty modest really. More than most 'hunters', but far less than some shooters even on just this forum.
How many rounds you shooting through the barrel before swapping them out?
This T3 is from 2010ish, and the the two prior barrels were magnums that I didn't shoot completely to their life's end. More so I got bored/tired of them after years. I probably averaged 600 rounds on each of those two, so really not a lot of shooting on that particular gun over 14 years. I learned that I just don't love shooting magnums. I wanted to turn it into something I could shoot some NRLhunter matches with and also hunt with when 6mm+ required. I will shoot this barrel to its death.

I definitely did some googling to see if anyone else had done it before I tried it lol. No problems thus far 😅
It's always been my understanding that tumbling loaded ammunition is a no-no, due to the possibility of the powder breaking down and changing the burn rate. Amongst other things as well. Definitely doesn't set well me.

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
It's always been my understanding that tumbling loaded ammunition is a no-no, due to the possibility of the powder breaking down and changing the burn rate. Amongst other things as well. Definitely doesn't set well me.
When I bought a MidwayUSA 1292 tumbler years and years ago, a statement to that effect was included in the instructions. I’d never consider doing it.

IDVortex

WKR
Well, got my can today so went and sighted in my rifle and tested my load.

FED GM210M Primers
147 ELD-M
H4350 39.7grs
Starline Brass

ill be loading more up tonight to shoot and confirm my sight-in. But so far, dang. Im impressed.
1000014130.jpg1000014122.jpg

Jimbee

WKR
I loaded a few .243/106tap/ 7828ssc to check for pressure. New Tikka take off barrel cut to 17" with Raptor8, new Lapua lrp brass. My first 2 shots at my lowest charge of 45grains clearly showed ejector marks. How much should a person drop charge weight? I dropped 2 grains shot two over a chrono and had no pressure signs at about 2750fps. Loaded 20 to check group size that i haven'tshot yet. Just wondering if I'll be good once the barrel speeds up.