painting ILF limbs with plasti dip then spray paint

DEW0341

WKR
Anyone object to the idea of laying down plasti dip first then spray painting your favorite camo pattern on? Then all you have to do is peel it off when you want to take it off or resale then limbs etc. Instead of sanding then painting or just painting and if you want to take it off you have to use nail polish remover, denatured alcohol etc to get it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
I have doubts that paint would stick all that well to the rubberized PD. Could try some camo tape if that's what your going for.

Check out onestringer limbsations if you’re concerned with resale value. They are an adhesive strip that goes on your limb in a single layer and hold up great. You can get them in a ton of patterns including custom ones and They’d peel right off when you want to sell the limbs

OP
DEW0341

DEW0341

WKR
Just a thought I had last night. See a lot of guys with ILF limbs straight up spray paint or sand their limb down then spray paint. Figure plasti dip would be a better solution and less permanent

Just a thought I had last night. See a lot of guys with ILF limbs straight up spray paint or sand their limb down then spray paint. Figure plasti dip would be a better solution and less permanent

It’s not necessarily a bad idea, I think the current trend of rattle-canning ILF limbs is going to result a bunch of cheap used limbs on the market in a few years. But it still probably isn’t as good of an option as limbsations or another camo tape that won’t leave a residue

Kentucky

WKR
I’ve done it to risers before.. the paint sticks well, the issue is that when you go to remove it the paint causes it to come off in very little pieces.. pain in the ass..

Buzby

WKR
I just put some limbsations on

Attachments

• 972E9D44-2450-47A3-BFC4-4A780603E845.jpeg
    972E9D44-2450-47A3-BFC4-4A780603E845.jpeg
    779.1 KB · Views: 19