Painting synthetic stock

Go to K2 concepts web page
Order their activator

Yes you use good automotive clear afterwards

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JWP58

WKR
Krylon or rustoleum spray paint. I prefer the OD green with black webbing look. It's easy, holds up pretty good if you prep the surface good and use a good matte clear coat. Plus its cheap and easy to redo

OP
A
So after a couple complete strippings, priming, and repainting about 3 times I've got this rifle back together. It looks fine, seems somewhat durable. This will be a backup deer and full time coyote gun. Cheap-o savage axis 25-06 with good glass. Now to work up a good load.

hGvdgdR.jpg

OvvKBdG.jpg

XSlvFUm.jpg

I painted a few ARs. Aervoe paint seemed to hold up better than krylon after a bit of abuse. I didn't prime but acetone to clean and used a base coat and then stenciled above that.

There is a fantastic thread on an Leo/.mil forum called lightfighter.net on painting carbines. I followed that basic pattern f base coat, stencil and overspray to blend.

I've also used Aervoe with great results. I was extremely easy.. but I wasnt trying for a specific pattern like ASAT. I gave my rifle a sand colored base coat, then once it dried covered the rifle with a mesh veil and sprayed darker brown over it in various places. Turned out great and I'd do it again in a minute.