Painting Tight Spot Quiver

Hey guys I'm thinking about painting the hood on my tight spot quiver a flat dirt brown. Anyone have any experience in this or advice before I screw up my expensive quiver?

deadend88

Lil-Rokslider
I did the same on my 5 arrow. Turned out great. The only suggestion I would make that I didn't do on the first go around is tape the gripper before spraying. I taped the bottom of hood so no spray went inside but not the grippers and got some squeak removing arrows from the quiver and paint on shafts.76B5D5D0-D276-4F51-90FE-4936F74933C5.jpeg

I did the same on my 5 arrow. Turned out great. The only suggestion I would make that I didn't do on the first go around is tape the gripper before spraying. I taped the bottom of hood so no spray went inside but not the grippers and got some squeak removing arrows from the quiver and paint on shafts.View attachment 104998
That looks awesome!

slowelk

WKR
I've painted the hood on mine. The rubber housing comes off, so you don't have to paint that if you don't want to, and I removed the Tight-Spot label without much trouble. Removed what you don't want painted, sand thoroughly, clean, paint a couple of coats on.

OP
Bowhunter50
Thanks guys. What's the process you've used? Just sand, use a primer and paint a few coats? What's some spray paint you've had good results with? I'm trying to match magpul's flat dark earth color and I'm just looking to paint the hood.

Thanks!

OP
Bowhunter50
The process I use is quite intricate... I laid it on a piece of cardboard, sprayed it all to hell, then flipped it and did it again.

Ha I like it. Sounds very precise and detailed. How has the durability been? What paint do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The process I use is quite intricate... I laid it on a piece of cardboard, sprayed it all to hell, then flipped it and did it again.

Pretty much the same thing I did but I did use painters tape and covered the bars and grippers first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk