Pairing FL Sanctuary bibs with Solitude Jacket?

KT@QC

FNG
Anyone ever had experience beefing up a solitude jacket with base-layers, insulation layers to pair with sanctuary bibs? I got an amazing deal on a pair of sanctuary bibs and a almost NWOT solitude jacket for a great price. Was planning on looking for a Sanctuary jacket and Solitude bibs to go with those. But then I thought I might be able to get away with the solitude jacket if I had the right base layers. (i.e. fuse + Klamath + vest) Open to comments and/suggestions.

I mixed a sanctuary bib with a Woodbury jacket. It was fine. You will need to layer to stay warm in lower temps. I used heavy base layers, a fleece and a puffy. Not sure if it will be a problem for you but I never cared for the fit of the sanctuary bibs. Legs and waste were OK. They were too snug through my chest. I wanted to upgrade the whole set up so I sold both. I was on the fence between solitude and fanatic and ended up with a set of solitudes. Used them about 6x so far (light 2019 winter and I tagged out early in 2020) bu really like the improvements / upgrades since the previous generation.

OP
K

KT@QC

FNG
I mixed a sanctuary bib with a Woodbury jacket. It was fine. You will need to layer to stay warm in lower temps. I used heavy base layers, a fleece and a puffy. Not sure if it will be a problem for you but I never cared for the fit of the sanctuary bibs. Legs and waste were OK. They were too snug through my chest. I wanted to upgrade the whole set up so I sold both. I was on the fence between solitude and fanatic and ended up with a set of solitudes. Used them about 6x so far (light 2019 winter and I tagged out early in 2020) bu really like the improvements / upgrades since the previous generation.
I really appreciate the input. What kind of puffy were you using to layer with the fleece under the Woodbury?

Halstead or patagonia grid fleece.
used my umpharge jacket under the Woodbury and I think one cold day I added a puffy vest too. It worked for NY were temps are rarely below 20. My solitude set works well from about 20-40 IMo. If I was hunting somewhere much colder I might consider something warmer like the sanctuary Or one of the Sitka systems.

OP
K

KT@QC

FNG
Halstead or patagonia grid fleece.
used my umpharge jacket under the Woodbury and I think one cold day I added a puffy vest too. It worked for NY were temps are rarely below 20. My solitude set works well from about 20-40 IMo. If I was hunting somewhere much colder I might consider something warmer like the sanctuary Or one of the Sitka systems.
Thanks for the input.

I have both sets and you should be good with that setup. The Solitude Jacket, imo, is beefier than the Solitude Bibs, so it pairs well with the Sanctuary bibs. You won't be able to utilize the kitlink system, but other than that, layers should get you through cold temps. I don't like to layer puffy items under heavier outer layers as you lose some effectiveness when puffy layers are compressed. I would go with a furnace top and fleece. Sitka Celsius midi would also be fantastic.

Ndodge

FNG
That kit link is the cats ass. Some people say you dump too much heat when you open the zips but I disagree.

STL

FNG
I layer the uncompahgre pants and jacket/vest under the solitude set, especially if it’s windy and cold. The arms are a limiting factor for layering with the solitude in my experience and for windy, long sits in the 20s and below, I need a more insulation. The unc pants and solitude bibs are a great combo imo but the solitude top can can a bit bulky with the extra layers. A heated vest works great too and from a price to warmth and bulk perspective is probably the best bang for the buck layer if you’re ok with batteries.