Pakmule-Is it worth the money?

EcoastDG

FNG
I was wondering if anybody has any experience with this hitch carrier. I am in the market for a quality hitch carrier and would take any other suggestions as well.

hunting_with_bailey

Lil-Rokslider
I seriously contemplated buying a PakMule hitch carrier but couldn't justify that much money. I'm sure it's well made and lightweight, but you pay for it!
I ended up buying a Rola hitch carrier and it serves me well.

rayporter

WKR
i built my own so i cant say but it looks like a dandy -if you got the $$$

one thing i like is the high retaining rail around it. and light wt.

actually i built 2 one is very, very heavy as it was built to carry a 3 k generator on the front.

iashow

WKR
I seriously contemplated buying a PakMule hitch carrier but couldn't justify that much money. I'm sure it's well made and lightweight, but you pay for it!
I am seriously considering the PakMule as well, but not sure about dropping that much money.

Norm555

WKR
I have a basic hitch carrier that cost me about $125 or so. It works great and I can't imagine needing one that costs so much more.

Trial153

WKR
Bringing this back up. I am thinking of ordering one for my new truck. Anyone put their hands on one yet?

bsnedeker

WKR
I have a basic hitch carrier that cost me about $125 or so. It works great and I can't imagine needing one that costs so much more.
HOLY CRAP!!! 1000 bucks for a hitch rack, that is insane!

I'm same as you, I have one I've used for years that I spent less than 200 bucks on. I'm guessing the difference is they didn't have a fancy website or videos they had to pay marketing costs for.

gelton

WKR
I have one. If you are looking for maximum square footage and a rack that is solid and doesn't rattle around in the hitch when it's hooked up they are worth every penny.

On the other hand, you could get more space by throwing a rack over your truck bed or onto a topper for about the same $$ and not have to worry about a hitch carrier at all.

eamyrick

WKR
I looked at them at Dallas Safari Club. Owner is a nice dude. Unit looked solid and they were offering a decent show discount I just couldn’t get past the sticker. They are designed, made, and company based in Texas from what I understand.

LostArra

WKR
HOLY CRAP!!! 1000 bucks for a hitch rack, that is insane!

I'm same as you, I have one I've used for years that I spent less than 200 bucks on. I'm guessing the difference is they didn't have a fancy website or videos they had to pay marketing costs for.
I'm sure they are nice but I see an expensive solution to a problem that doesn't exist. My $199 model carries deer carcasses, ice chests, totes, multiple 5 gallon fuel tanks. With a couple of NRS loop straps your stuff is secure. I have no idea if my hitch hauler rattles around but the beer in the ice chest is not foamy.

Trial153

WKR
I been less than impressed with the cheap steel versions I have seen, they look terrible are always rusted. I have a Diamond back cover going on the truck so I can load gear on top as well. I am also installing a set of Billy bars for additional racks. I like a hitch rack for easy loading of full coolers and I can take the rack off at my camp.
This looks like a quality American made product, I don’t mind paying for. I only wish it was coated black with either a power coat or a liner type spray on.

OP
E

EcoastDG

FNG
I ended up getting one. I didn’t pay 1k for it but it has been worth every penny. It’s pretty much indestructible. It’s been on a bunch of beach trips and Montana/Colorado hunting trips with no issues.

Pakmule

FNG
Appreciate the callout! If you have any questions about our racks let me know.