Pan head question

mdfanatic1980

Lil-Rokslider
I have a question about a pan head, probably a stupid question. I have always used a ball head, but decided to try a pan head just now. I purchased a Sirui VA-5. My question is this. When you have a spotting scope mounted, when you move one leg further out than the others, how do you get the spotting scope level? I occasionally find myself with one leg like this. Maybe I'm missing something simple.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 40
Well I know for me at least that I just extend the leg out that is sticking out farther. Makes the tripod level. Don't know if that is what you are looking for. Love the VA-5 head though. You will love it.

The head will tilt front to back. You need to set it up that way to compensate for the tilt your picture shows

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a question about a pan head, probably a stupid question. I have always used a ball head, but decided to try a pan head just now. I purchased a Sirui VA-5. My question is this. When you have a spotting scope mounted, when you move one leg further out than the others, how do you get the spotting scope level? I occasionally find myself with one leg like this. Maybe I'm missing something simple.
No problem with adjustment to get it level, but i don't see why you'd ever run it that way when you could level the rear of the tripod more.
9cf58836b44df7900321cc65ad6773ed.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk