Pandemic related purchases

What’s everyone stocking up on to prepare for the unknown? AR’s, ammo, medical supplies,etc?

We stocked up on some groceries and are canceling a big trip to Mexico :/. I’m kicking around the idea of going to pick up an AR and a case of ammo before everything gets crazy.

I keep a prepper pantry and really like it for a few reasons. Being prepared and convenience/cost saving.

We stock several months worth of food that we eat anyway. I buy in bulk and work of the "first in first out" rule.

I will probably pick up some more of the stuff that we use regularly. I am not doing in on credit so at the very least I don't have to go shopping for a few weeks.

A few weeks and I'll be kicking our garden into gear with saved open pollinating seed. I started pressure canning venison this year and really enjoy the flavor and the fact I don't have to fill my freezer.

You should already have an AR and ammo. I'm not concerned about that too much but I already have enough boom for nearly any occasion...

Raghorn24

FNG
The items that people choose to stock up on surprise me sometimes. The local Costco has people backed up all the way to the door waiting for their limit of two toilet paper bundles.

OTC cold and flu meds. Get an extra month of any prescription you need.

You missed the boat on hand sanitizer and what not but imagine what you would need if someone told you to stay home for a month. Good wisdom above about buying stuff you will eventually use.

Best case is they can slow the transmission rate to something the healthcare system can manage. Maybe warmer weather makes it dormant like a cold or flu bug and it slows down here as we get into spring.

While I am all for taking this seriously, the infection rate is estimated at 60-70% from what I have heard. I also hear 80% of the cases are mild enough to be managed without medical intervention. That means even if things get really bad most of the people will be mildly to moderately sick for a time and then they will come out of the other side (hopefully) functionally immune to this stuff.

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got enough venison to keep me fed if I have to self quarantine for two weeks. I also buy oatmeal in bulk since I order it online and have a couple tubs of peanut butter that will certainly last 14 days. Might not be the most exciting diet and if I’m quarantined with my five year old she might be pretty disappointed in the available options but the key is I won’t go hungry if I can’t leave the house.

*zap*

WKR
Whatever you think you need, it might be a good idea to get it now.....30 days from now who knows where we will be at. This panic is somewhat unprecedented.

brianrossman1

Lil-Rokslider
I threw together a cheap AR pistol to have another AR on hand. Picked up another 2K rounds of 5.56 and 500 more rds of 9mm, stoked up on non-perishables, medical supplies, cleaning agents, etc.

We’ll be fine for months and in if nothing happens we’re stockpiled for some time to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
Idiot preppers is why there is a problem in the first place. Media panic over bullshit. Me and my IRA are FKN tired of it already. Gonna take years to recover from this stupidity. Some people are too close to retirement age to make a real recovery from it.

KHNC

WKR
I threw together a cheap AR pistol to have another AR on hand. Picked up another 2K rounds of 5.56 and 500 more rds of 9mm, stoked up on non-perishables, medical supplies, cleaning agents, etc.

We’ll be fine for months and in if nothing happens we’re stockpiled for some time to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats, you are part of the problem.