Pandemic related purchases

h2so4

WKR
A bottle or two of red wine for my wife and some whiskey and vermouth for me. Selling AR and gold/silver!

TBHasler

WKR
Go try to withdraw $10K of YOUR own cash....there's a form required to be completed by you and bank. reportable to Feds. Been this way for some time.

EastMT

WKR
Yes, a few banks in NY ran out of $100 bills on Friday. People are panicking getting cash out. That’s what set of the dominoes before. Huge amounts of cash were withdrawn

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
And if things go bad people think cash is what they will need? All I can do is scratch my head and hope to keep the family safe.

EastMT

WKR
Well I just completed moving. Sold a LOT of stuff as going through Canada was restrictive. Stocking the house with food was a pain, luckily I flew with a box of ammo for each pistol and rifle with me.

What happens when they buy all the ammo? A run on gasoline? Running out of panic supplies to choose from. Argh.

ozyclint

WKR
Go try to withdraw $10K of YOUR own cash....there's a form required to be completed by you and bank. reportable to Feds. Been this way for some time.
The moment you put money in the bank it isn't yours, it is the bank's. You become a creditor and unsecured one at that. They use your funds to loan to others for profit. They pay you interest on your deposit as payment for giving them money to loan to others for profit. Your bank balance is an IOU from the bank.

And you are forced to use a bank and be an unsecured creditor. Think about that.

BOOM! Mind blown.

Then when everyone wants 'their' money at the same time they ration you to 'X' amount/day. Look at Cyprus and Venezuela.

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
The key to avoiding a bank run is to get your money out before there is a bank run.

It's one of many reasons they want a cashless society. Complete control.
There is literally no reason to make a bank run if you have less than the FDIC insured amount. If you’re married you can have a whole lot of money FDIC insured too.

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
I have to giggle a little at people complaining about "preppers" snatching up all the products such as tp and dry/can goods etc..................I'm a self proclaimed pseudo prepper and i keep a large amount of essentials in storage around my property...............guess what? I dont have to go rush the shelves for items when theres a panic. Preppers are by definition........prepared. Its those that dont prep that are emptying the shelves. My shelves at home are already full!!

Old_Navy

Lil-Rokslider
did a CostCo run today, thurs. is a 08:00 open time for us old geezers.
Got there @ 07:30 and there was already a line to get in. Made it in on the first wave, a lot of shelves already stripped clean. There was 0 2% milk that I normally get. 0 of the ordinary Vit D variety. There was 1/2 a pallet
of an off brand "organic" grabbed 1 { limit 1 } snagged 2 1/2 gal 1/2 & 1/2
for coffee. Eggs also limit 1 flat per member. Most of fresh poultry was bare
I got the last package of boneless thighs. Supply chain issues have reached
critical levels.

EastMT

WKR
There are several large slaughter plants shut down due to sickness spreading among the workers, hog and chicken plants. Hog plants running 1100 head per hour, 2 shifts. 17,000 pigs per day not getting killed.

Could possibly be some supply issues at some point or might be beans and rice with beans for a side dish for some folks.

blackdawg

WKR
There are several large slaughter plants shut down due to sickness spreading among the workers, hog and chicken plants. Hog plants running 1100 head per hour, 2 shifts. 17,000 pigs per day not getting killed.

Could possibly be some supply issues at some point or might be beans and rice with beans for a side dish for some folks.

Haven’t had rice and beans at the local Wally World in 3 weeks, be interesting to see what folks are eating in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ratbeetle

WKR
did a CostCo run today, thurs. is a 08:00 open time for us old geezers.
Got there @ 07:30 and there was already a line to get in. Made it in on the first wave, a lot of shelves already stripped clean. There was 0 2% milk that I normally get. 0 of the ordinary Vit D variety. There was 1/2 a pallet
of an off brand "organic" grabbed 1 { limit 1 } snagged 2 1/2 gal 1/2 & 1/2
for coffee. Eggs also limit 1 flat per member. Most of fresh poultry was bare
I got the last package of boneless thighs. Supply chain issues have reached
critical levels.

Not seeing that here. Even at midday, the local Costco had plenty of milk, eggs, meat, produce and even TP. Local grocery store was still a little light on pasta, beans and rice but more variety than the previous weeks. Their TP shelves were bare though. Aside from that, not looking much different than normal.

940b5b45832d3b7c9f3faad60595ecae.jpg

@Wrench inceptioned me in that “unconventional hunting rig” thread and I had to buy this. Got her for a song.

Vids

WKR
I'm also in CO, and have been seeing an improvement. I've been getting my groceries delivered for a few weeks now (not necessarily due to coronavirus, just extremely busy these days). Three weeks ago, they had to refund half of my order because there were no substitutes available. This week, I got 95% of what I requested.

Still, there are zero options available when I search on the site for TP or Kleenex. When I type in "tissue" to search, the only thing that comes up is some kind of deep muscle tissue cream, absolutely no paper products...lol. Thankfully I still have 10-20 rolls of TP in the house. :cool:

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
Not seeing that here. Even at midday, the local Costco had plenty of milk, eggs, meat, produce and even TP. Local grocery store was still a little light on pasta, beans and rice but more variety than the previous weeks. Their TP shelves were bare though. Aside from that, not looking much different than normal.
Same here for me in Oregon. I grocery shop once a week. Thats how often i always go anyways. The farthest back I've been in line at the grocery store is #2 and a few times I have gone around 5PM. Things were a bit lighter about a month ago. However, last two weeks my local Safeway has had everything. Beans, rice, chicken, meat, etc. Pretty much fully stocked in everything, but I havent been looking down the TP/paper towel aisle there.

About 3 weeks ago Freds had multiple aisles of TP and paper towels. All pretty much fully stocked. That was during the thick of the hording craze around here, too. City has about 55K people in it, but we are pretty close to Portland.