panhandle guys....get ready for it!

Wrench

WKR
Take a peek at the weather! Single digits and snow! I may have to reconsider taking junior out this weekend on his cow tag.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
It looks like everything from St Maries to the north pole is going to get dumped on and then get cold.

I just hope it can stay silent powder and not crunchy hell.

Got snowed on most of yesterday just south of St. Maries, got cold over night and it was crunch-city this morning. Supposed to be a helluva lot more coming tomorrow.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
That was one heck of a storm. I manged to kill a 34.0" bull at subzero in the wind.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
Story is they crossed a open cut in front of my ass freezing in the snow and I shot it slightly before my fingers froze. He caught a 208 eldm from 620 launched from a 300wsm and slid 200 yards and stopped on a old logging road where I could grab him with my 4 wheeler. Not a very great story compared to my archery season, but it will make steaks.

Came home on Tuesday and had wa elk open and couldn't squeeze on a doozie 7pt bull last night. I'm sitting on two more elk tags and the way this are looking....my years going to end pretty well.

Story is they crossed a open cut in front of my ass freezing in the snow and I shot it slightly before my fingers froze. He caught a 208 eldm from 620 launched from a 300wsm and slid 200 yards and stopped on a old logging road where I could grab him with my 4 wheeler. Not a very great story compared to my archery season, but it will make steaks.

Came home on Tuesday and had wa elk open and couldn't squeeze on a doozie 7pt bull last night. I'm sitting on two more elk tags and the way this are looking....my years going to end pretty well.
I shot my Wyoming Elk in that storm. Quartered him that night and took a load out. It was too cold to think about another load that night. Got down to -20F or so on the mountain. Last year a buddy of mine shot his bull and it was -18F.

Moral of the story? I'm only hunting during storms from now on. No need to waste all those other days out in the field :)

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
Weather reports said to expect single digits, kestrel said -12* and we hit -15 before it got better. Luckily that 10ish mph breeze kept it sporty.

My polaris atv shift indicator switch froze up and my rig thought it was in neutral. The transmission still shifted....but you don't get awd without being in a gear. I ended up cutting up my jumper cables and wiring in a jumper to make it think it was in high gear all the time in order to make it the 12 miles back to camp.

Fun day. Made me miss Prudhoe bay.....not.