Pant noise?

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
For those that have experience with both, are the current Sitka Ascent pant as noisy as the First Lite Guide Lite pant?

H80Hunter

WKR
I have owned both. I think it’s really close, and I don’t have the ascents anymore to do a side by side comparison. That said, in my mind I think the ascents are a bit quieter… I could be misremembering but the key is that I think they’re really close.

OP
W

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
I have owned both. I think it’s really close, and I don’t have the ascents anymore to do a side by side comparison. That said, in my mind I think the ascents are a bit quieter… I could be misremembering but the key is that I think they’re really close.
I really appreciate it, thank you. I like the Guide Lites and would inly consider the Sitka Ascent if they were as quiet as my Kuiu Sierra. Unfortunately the Guide Lites are like 80’s windbreaker pants compared to quietness of pants like LL Bean Cresta, Eddie Bauer Guide and the Kuiu Sierra. Trying to find a replacement for the EB just with better quality. Most Kuiu pants have cargo pockets like the Attack that are too small an opening for my hand. Would try the Outdoor Vitals (toray fabric) but only one cargo pocket. Or perhaps the

ascents are a little quieter. tiburons are quieter than both and the better of the 3 for hot weather if thats what you were going for. i will say i just got the guide lites and thought the guide lites would be terrible becuase they are so noisy just rubbing them but i was hunting this morning and how they are cut (slimmer) they weren't as noisy in the field as i thought they would be. legs dont really swoosh together and not any worse than stepping on branches and twigs

OP
W

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
Prana Zion?
I hear a lot of people rave about them but they don’t fit me as well and only 1 cargo pocket. I really appreciate having 2 zippered cargo pockets that are standard vertical side pockets. Not a fan of front of leg cargo pockets. Also many pants for the sake if fashion have cargo pockets the angle across the thigh. I find thin inherently hard on the stitching of the pocket when carrying hard objects like a phone.

OP
W

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
ascents are a little quieter. tiburons are quieter than both and the better of the 3 for hot weather if thats what you were going for. i will say i just got the guide lites and thought the guide lites would be terrible becuase they are so noisy just rubbing them but i was hunting this morning and how they are cut (slimmer) they weren't as noisy in the field as i thought they would be. legs dont really swoosh together and not any worse than stepping on branches and twigs
Thank you for your feed back. The Guide Lites are pretty slim. The tapered leg is impossible to roll or utilize the cuff strap feature as the pant barely fits over my calf.

I would love to try the Tiburons but they share the same pocket design as the Attack. Since I use my cargos for all kinds of stuff, I can’t stand the Attack cargo pockets. The design of the over flag limits the size of the zippered opening and I can’t get my hand inside the pocket like I can on all of my other pants. It majes getting a chap stick out of the picket a 2 handed operation which is just silly.
Very saddened Kuiu discontinued the Sierra as they are about perfect. Hopefully someone will come out with a real utilitarian everyday pant with its feature set.

Sled

WKR
To me the Sitka ascent pants were a bit loud compared to the Sitka apex pant. Sorry but I haven't used any first lite gear.

LJ Buck

WKR
If your moving so fast on a stalk that they hear your pants then you might be moving to fast.
For silent pants that handle the hot to cold is the Obsidian or catalyst obsidian. Don’t over look these!!!
Also the Sitka apex is very silent as well and breathe great.

j33

WKR
Just got Kuiu Kutana’s and they are quieter and slightly thicker than Eddie Bauer guide. Not sure I like their figment though, might stick with my Eddie’s

Hondo

WKR
I found the Guide Lite pants less quiet than the Ascents but after a few washes both improved.