Pant recommendations from non hunting brands?

Very helpful Jake and very in depth. I really appreciate you taking time to give the feedback. I think I may order a pair of the gamma ar to see what I think. In my experiences the mountaineering companies are very cutting edge in their fabrics and technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One quick addition, for someone who runs a little cooler, or for a true late season type pant, look at the Gamma MX. Same as the AR, but with a lightly insulating backing. I don't have a pair because I prefer to layer with different merino bases for more versatility, but the MX would be a great option for a warmer pant.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

nosman4

FNG
Another fan of the Prana Stretch Zion pants. Great breathability and comfortable.

I would dismiss kuiu attacks.

Blasphemy!

I have fjallraven kebs, sitka, prana zion, mountain hardware, kryptek altitude, EB guide, FL corrugate, Kuiu chinook, kuiu kutana, and probably others i'm forgetting and still wore my 6 year old attack pants every day last week..

Blasphemy!

I have fjallraven kebs, sitka, prana zion, mountain hardware, kryptek altitude, EB guide, FL corrugate, Kuiu chinook, kuiu kutana, and probably others i'm forgetting and still wore my 6 year old attack pants every day last week..

Yes. Unfortunate typo there. It should have read:

I would NOT dismiss kuiu attacks. Plenty of solid colors and my favorite outdoor pants of all.

Like you, I really like mine. A pair has crossed over into my everyday pant pile and they are getting well used now that the weather has turned. The hip vents are the bees knees and the stretch can’t be beat. I was a bit concerned when the pro pants showed up with a more skinny jeans fit but they still work despite my powerful, manly thighs and delicious buttocks. My overall kuiu experience has been a bit choppy but the attacks are pure gold.