Pants/Bibs

drtony

WKR
Need some help deciding between insulated pants or bibs. I have no experience whatsoever. I have always worn FL corrugate pants or KUIU attack pants with a heavy base layer under for all conditions (and froze my butt off).

I currently own a Kifaru LPP, Sitka Down WS hoddie, Kelvin Lite Down and the blaze orange stratus jacket-- I can layer these in various configurations for all weather except downpouring rain. What I do not have is something to keep my legs warm.

I mainly tree stand hunt in Northern MN where it gets cold, but every 3-4 years go out west for elk or antelope. I do not currently bow hunt so absolute silence is not required, but I don't want anything too noisy. I would plan on packing the pants/bibs until I get to the tree stand and putting them on once I get there. What do you all recommend for pants vs bibs and based on that-- what pant or bib specifically?

*zap*

WKR
For me bibs are to carry in and put on over my pants after getting set up, I use fanatic.

Look at Arctic Sheild. If it can keep an AZ boy warm to -12 (not counting wind chill), it should work well enough for someone from MN.

OP
D

drtony

WKR
For me bibs are to carry in and put on over my pants after getting set up, I use fanatic.
I wouldn't be hiking with either on. I would pack in whatever I choose to go with. How have you found the fanatic's to hold up durability wise?

My top two bib options were the fanatics and the FL sanctuary 2.0

OP
D

drtony

WKR
Look at Arctic Sheild. If it can keep an AZ boy warm to -12 (not counting wind chill), it should work well enough for someone from MN.
I had an arctic shield parka I hunted in a couple times and really didn't care for it-- I got really clammy in it. I have not tried the bibs though

CajunNavy337

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka fanatic all the way. Best money I have ever spent. No more worrying about getting cold.

I know a Sitka dealer that will take care of you and save you a couple 100 dollars. Pm me and I ll share you his contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
I wouldn't be hiking with either on. I would pack in whatever I choose to go with. How have you found the fanatic's to hold up durability wise?

My top two bib options were the fanatics and the FL sanctuary 2.0
I hike in with pants on, had a sanctuary bib and sold it. I found the fanatic much better and have had mine for 4 years.

Badlands Pyre all day for me. Unconditional warranty for life and they are warm and dry. Pretty quiet too but not silent by any means. Half the cost of sitka fanatic bibs i think too.

*zap*

WKR
the fanatics were better....material and design/function. You reallycannot beat fanatic bibs, I got mine used like 4 years ago for 60% retail and they are fine and will last me many more years...really no reason to buy new if your tight on $.

I wear the sitka gradient pants under my stratus pants when its cold whitetail hunting. Good- its versatile and can wear one without the other. Bad- I hike in with gradients on then put on stratus...i still get a little overheated with just the gradients on if it is a long walk.

For spot and stalk type hunting, Pack puffy pants and just slide them over my hiking pants when I stop. I would personally not want to do this whitetail hunting because of the noise. Unless under a quiet shell...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk