Pants for a Tall Skinny Guy

TylerS105

FNG
I am looking to buy some nice pants for hunting the Backcountry. I wanted some warm pants with knee pads and a butt pad to protect against getting wet. I was looking into getting the sitka timberline pant but noticed the "tall" sizing only offers up to a 34" inseam. I typically wear a 32x36 and the closest they offer is a 32.5x34. Has anyone else ran into a situation like this? Or what other brands would you suggest?

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu attacks come in tall sizes, they say it's a 37" inseam, I wear 36x34 and their regular inseam is perfect. They aren't warm or have knee pads but I would check their other pants to see what they offer.

Check out the Fjallraven Keb’s. The Timberlines were too baggy for me personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried on a tall Timberline, they might just work for you. I'm 6'3 and have a little length to spare in my tall Timberline's. I typically wear a 36" inseam as well, with a very occasional 34" depending on the brand.

Otherwise, check out Stone Glacier. My DeHavilland Lite pants from them are very generous in length, borderline too much for my tastes.

I'm 6'7", 200 lbs (very thin legs) and love the timberlines. I should wear above a 36" inseam but the timberlines do great.

aaron14

Lil-Rokslider
I typically wear 32x36 jeans as well and the 32T Timberlines fit me well. I also really like the First Lite Corrugate Foundry, those are 32x35.

OldGrayJB

WKR
I believe the Skre pants in 32T have a 36" inseam.
I have a pair of Kings Camo XKG Lone Peak pants that have been great late season pants. King's talls are 36" inseam.

Ive owned 9 pairs of sitka tall inseam pants, all 34T or 36T. All of the hunting specific pants have had great inseam lengths (apex, ascent, stratus, fanatic lite & reg, whitetail) Typically 36”. Whats extremely frustrating is that i just bought some of their solids (grinder, dakota, back40) and the inseams are 34” at best. It makes zero sense to me and is really disappointing.
FWIW, I love the apex pants for all around hunting. They’re tough, warm when they need to be, cool when they need to be, kneepads are useful and not bulky, snap buttons hold but are not loud. Wish they had one zip pocket, like on the butt or something.