Pants for backpacking in Glacier NP

Not directly hunting related, but close enough I’m hoping folks here can give me some good info: I’m planning a 4-6 day backpack in Glacier the last week of August or first week of September. In the past I’ve done most of my summer hiking in convertible pants; the kind where the legs zip off turning them into shorts. However, I was disappointed with the pair of REI convertible pants that I bought last year and I haven’t been able to find any in a tall enough size that looks more appealing (how hard is it to put side zippers that go all the way up the zip-off part of the pant leg?)

Instead, I’ve been thinking about getting a pair of lightweight, durable long pants like the Kuiu Tiburons or Sitka Ascents. Any thoughts from someone who’s run these in similar conditions?

Okhotnik

WKR
prana or wranglers will work fine that time of year, with some wool under wear, good gaiters if it snows and temps drop a bit, up in Glacier. Of course the sitka and kuiu work too. I would bring a side arm and spray as there are a lot of grizzlies up in NW MT. A lot

I don't like convertible for long hikes.

I like tiburons for hot weather. Ascents and prana Zion are good too. Big fan of the Zion shorts.

In 25 years of hiking I probably owned 4 different brands of convertible pants. Never had one that I loved for long hikes. I still have a pair or two in the closet but can’t recall the last time they made it out into the woods.

bsnedeker

WKR
I live just outside glacier. In August and September you'll find me in my Prana Zions or my Wranglers as stated above. Can't go wrong and you save some money over buying "hunting pants".