Pants: Sitka Dakota vs Kuiu Guide

I have Dakotas...like them. Wondering how the Guide pants compare in warmth amd wind resistance. Looking at a solid color. Not concerned about noise. Thanks in advance.

Trial153

WKR
I have them both. Not a whole lot or difference these. The Grinders I think are slightly heavier and warmer but not much... They are both cut about the same, not skinny Jean's by any means. I like the top pockets better on the grinders,meaning no stupid zippers. .. the side leg pockets on both are about the same...minimally useful at best. You can slip a beanie or gloves in them but you don't want much of anything with weight.
The Guides have hip zips for vent which work well if you think they are needed, one of mine refused to say up after a couple washes ....which was annoying. I gave the guides away and still have the grinders, which I have used the hell out of. Really good pants for sept and october. The guides have better colors in Soilds for sure. Hower brown grinders are nicer looking then the mountain pants....

OP
Bodycamp13
Thanks! The biggest drawback to the Dakotas for me is no left butt pocket. Doesn't seem like much but my wallet always rides there and I am OCD about it.

OP
Bodycamp13
I have them both. Not a whole lot or difference these. The Grinders I think are slightly heavier and warmer but not much... They are both cut about the same, not skinny Jean's by any means. I like the top pockets better on the grinders,meaning no stupid zippers. .. the side leg pockets on both are about the same...minimally useful at best. You can slip a beanie or gloves in them but you don't want much of anything with weight.
The Guides have hip zips for vent which work well if you think they are needed, one of mine refused to say up after a couple washes ....which was annoying. I gave the guides away and still have the grinders, which I have used the hell out of. Really good pants for sept and october. The guides have better colors in Soilds for sure. Hower brown grinders are nicer looking then the mountain pants....
Trial, the Grinders are a good bit lighter and thinner than the Dakotas. Just checking - which do you have?

Thanks

Trial153

WKR
Trial, the Grinders are a good bit lighter and thinner than the Dakotas. Just checking - which do you have?

Thanks
I was speaking to the grinders in my comparison to the Kuiu guide pants, sorry, I miss spoke.

I had a pair Brown Dakotas as well. The Dakotas are night and day different then the Grinders and Kuiu Guide pants. Dakotas are easily twice the weight and no where near as breathable as guide or grinders. Ththe only use had for them was stand hunting as they were to heavy for me pretty much anything else.
For warmth Dakotas hard to beat.

Sorry for the confusion

Trial153

WKR
No problem! Yeah most of what I was looking for was warmer for times in the stand. Thank you!
Stick with the Dakota for sure they are a furnace with some heavy weight bases. The only thing the lack in is windstopper, however they breath way better then say the Stratus pants.

Squirrels

WKR
Stick with the Dakota for sure they are a furnace with some heavy weight bases. The only thing the lack in is windstopper, however they breath way better then say the Stratus pants.
Agreed, I actually don't like the Stratus line because it does not breathe. When the temps warrant something in the Stratus line it leaves me clamy, thus cool because it does not breathe.

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
I think Kuiu Guides are going to be my next pants. Several hunting buddies have them and they seem to last well.

Can anyone comment to the noise produced by the Dakotas? Do you get the "swish" sound with every step?

I think Kuiu Guides are going to be my next pants. Several hunting buddies have them and they seem to last well.
The guides definitely last. I’ve had a pair of Kuiu Guides for a decade now, I mostly wear them treestand hunting but they’ve held up great.