Paper map help

Baron85

WKR
I ordered maps for my hunting units this year from mytopo assuming they would have the trails and roads on the maps as well. Received them and found out it’s just a straight TOPO map. Any suggestions for where I can order maps for my hunting units in Colorado that have TOPO as well as hiking trail and roads?

Thanks.

johnhenry

Lil-Rokslider
national Geographic has a nice set of maps. lots of detail and easy to read. Don't have a link.

LaHunter

WKR
I ordered maps for my hunting units this year from mytopo assuming they would have the trails and roads on the maps as well. Received them and found out it’s just a straight TOPO map. Any suggestions for where I can order maps for my hunting units in Colorado that have TOPO as well as hiking trail and roads?

Thanks.
I’ve been ordering maps from mytopo for several years and they all have roads and trails on them. Regular USGS Topo maps have these same trails and roads also. Look at the map legend, trails show up as Dashed lines. At what scale is your map ?

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
Mytopo has some trails but definitely not all trails. However, they will let you customize your map using GPX files. I’ve had good success finding trail maps on Caltopo, downloading the GPX files and uploading them to Mytopo for the waterproof printed map.

Does anyone have any good recomendations for wyoming maps? Ive seen a handfull of times now some public roads get no trespassing signs put on them by the cattle gates. it would be nice to have a little more confidence with a paper map in hand on top of the GPS info

1:24,000 scale topo maps can be downloaded as PDFs from the USGS website. They're not the most detailed maps ever and I wouldn't rely on them for determining land ownership, but they show trails and roads and are available for free.