Paper Maps

Luziana Feller

Lil-Rokslider
This might not be the best forum to post this but where do you source actual paper maps for your hunts? thank y'all

When you come out to scout, stop by the District office of the BLM/USFS and they typically have 1:100,000 land status maps and 1:24,000 quadrangles in their offices. Also, some bike/backpack retail stores carry them.

Backyard

WKR
^^^
What he said. check out their website. You can customize your maps and they will make them on waterproof / tear resistant paper.
This is your absolute easiest route. As stated, custom, tough, and fast delivery.
And very reasonably priced.

SawtoothShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Not being a fan of the standard topos, most of us at work will make our own 1:60k reference and 1:10k spot maps, but you need access to GIS software like arc. If you already have onX, then my recommendation would be to just buy a ream of write in the rain paper and print your own. Cheap and easy to have the perfect map every time

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

CKWY97

FNG
As stated above, Caltopo. Can use FS Topo basemaps, imagery, or just about anything else you can think of. Just print off what you need and slide into a sheet protector to protect from moisture.

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
I use all the online sources listed but I also take advantage of the maps at the library at the University of Georgia. Most research institutions will have maps. I have also reached out top the geography department for help. It is best if someone in the department conducts research on the area you plan to hunt.

Mt Al

WKR
What is this thing called "paper" you speak of? Kidding, I've bought from REI and local hunting shops but mostly use google earth on my phone and a chip in my GPS in combination.