Paper Tuning/Sight Adjustment Help

I am hoping to try Zac's advice on the firenocks this off-season. For what it's worth, I tried Nock Out, Nocturnal, and NAP. All were not good. NAP one didn't work out of the package. NockOut one broke after about 12 shots practicing. It snapped upon release from my string, broke where plastic meets the aluminum of it. And same for the Nocturnal, broke upon release after a handful of shots. The point of impact of the arrow changed when the two nocks broke. If it were on an actual animal I would have missed or wounded it. A terrible liability and I don't trust them at all in the field.

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
Checked out the website. They look very intriguing but complicated. What’s your experience with them?
Fairly complex system. Install takes a good amount of time. Once you have them set you can replace both the batteries and the nocks without any complication. Nock seats very deep to the shaft so they are extremely consistent. All the components are housed inside the shaft so it is extremely durable. You can pretty much take any Firenock product to the bank if you are familiar with Dorge and his products. He was an Aerospace engineer.

Hsprouls

FNG
I’m sold! I tinker a lot with my arrows #ranchfairy. Definitely want a lighted nick to track my shots

Zac

WKR
I’m sold! I tinker a lot with my arrows #ranchfairy. Definitely want a lighted nick to track my shots
I would reccomend getting some of your practice arrows set up with the matchweight system. it weighs the same yet is not lighted. This is pretty handy because you don't have to de-activate the nocks after every shot. Also saves alot of money.

WCB

WKR
I don't think the FMJs are big enough but the best lighted nocks I ever used I made myself with lighted bobber lights for fishing. I think there are some videos on how to do it. I had zero malfunctions with them. Now that I am shooting GT Hunter XT that are larger diameter I am going to make these again. I've tried most other major lighted nock brands and never found one that is as reliable. Plus the cost is way less.

DannyBump

FNG
I met a guy recently at the range and he proceeded to tell me a long story how he wouldnt worry about shooting a single broadhead before going out to hunt. Then he tells me how he shot at an animal with a mechanical and his arrow in his words, took a complete right turn.

I could hardly believe it.

So yes, good on rod for not only having the desire to learn more about the craft but to hunt what I consider to be ethically by taking the time to fine tune a little bit.

Another recent headshaker. Someone I work with told me last week the guy at the pro shop asked if she was shooting broadheads while practicing (she has an out of state hunt coming up) She said no?...
So she asks me at work if she should and why....😔🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🙅‍♂️
Oh yea, rude awakening when I went to shoot my new FB’s 1-week before going on a Colorado Elk hunt. Had to scramble for a week adjusting stuff on my bow because they flew NOTHING like my field points of the same weight.