Paramount + is like dial up internet in the 90s

Billinsd

WKR
I got the 30 day trial app to watch on my samsung tv. It doesn't work for the most part. Reminds me of dial up internet in the 90s. I uninstalled the app, turned the router off etc. I called customer service and they said "yep, it ain't working on Samsung TVs now and we don't know why. Here's another free month " Brang me back to the 90s and doing my River Engineering homework on my outdated 286 clone. My professor gave us a work around Fortran program for students without 486 computers and math co-processor chips. I'd run a problem on the computer and head off to the gym, go out drinking or to sleep and 6 or so hours I'd get one of my homework answers as long as it didn't crash. So, I'd start my Friday homework ASAP on Friday and by late Sunday get it done. So, being stubborn and enjoying a challenge I got the Paramount + app on my Amazon prime for $0.99 a month for 2 month special. Doesn't work either. Every other app works on my TV, so my internet and smart tv are good.

Just to watch 1883 and The Mayer of Kingstown. LOL!!!

Computers, especially networks and all is like magic to me. It's fuzzy, like the fuzzy logic Idium I remember. I'm old school, if it doesn't work kick it, or unplug it, which generally works. Pisses off co-workers using a common printer, lol.

Cheers Bill

Last edited:
I imagine that fairly annoying. I'd recommend moving all your smart TVs to a Roku instead. I've noticed they perform much better than the processor that runs the smart TV.

Vandy321

WKR
Works flawlessly on Apple TV for us.

Mayor of Kingstown is pretty good, haven't started 1883 yet. Not sure we will. Yellowstone was entertaining the first two seasons, but lately it's gotten pretty cheesy, kinda typical of Taylor Sheridan's stuff, with the exception of Wind River.

Deadfall

WKR
Works flawlessly on Apple TV for us.

Mayor of Kingstown is pretty good, haven't started 1883 yet. Not sure we will. Yellowstone was entertaining the first two seasons, but lately it's gotten pretty cheesy, kinda typical of Taylor Sheridan's stuff, with the exception of Wind River.
1883 is worth the watch

Fordguy

WKR
Not sure about Paramount plus, but using Paramount on sling to watch Yellowstone has a ridiculous number of "freezes and skips" throughout the episode. Funny thing is that the commercials are always perfect- no skips, no pauses, just as clear as can be.

Yellow stone’s popularity has put paramount in a position they weren’t ready for. Can’t blame them for capitalizing but they’ve out punted they’re coverage for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I got the 30 day trial app to watch on my samsung tv. It doesn't work for the most part. Reminds me of dial up internet in the 90s. I uninstalled the app, turned the router off etc. I called customer service and they said "yep, it ain't working on Samsung TVs now and we don't know why. Here's another free month " Brang me back to the 90s and doing my River Engineering homework on my outdated 286 clone. My professor gave us a work around Fortran program for students without 486 computers and math co-processor chips. I'd run a problem on the computer and head off to the gym, go out drinking or to sleep and 6 or so hours I'd get one of my homework answers as long as it didn't crash. So, I'd start my Friday homework ASAP on Friday and by late Sunday get it done. So, being stubborn and enjoying a challenge I got the Paramount + app on my Amazon prime for $0.99 a month for 2 month special. Doesn't work either. Every other app works on my TV, so my internet and smart tv are good.

Just to watch 1883 and The Mayer of Kingstown. LOL!!!

Computers, especially networks and all is like magic to me. It's fuzzy, like the fuzzy logic Idium I remember. I'm old school, if it doesn't work kick it, or unplug it, which generally works. Pisses off co-workers using a common printer, lol.

Cheers Bill

While you watch 1883, keep in mind that that dipshit Tom McGraw is a rabid anti gun, anti 2nd amendment POS who will happily play with guns to put $$$ into his own pockets while championing the loss of your rights. Just another Alec Baldwin type. Spend your money where you wish though.

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
Zero issues on my tv. We stream through Roku and the picture quality and platform is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk