Paratarp & stove

Just used my paratarp for the first time, & its great. My question is, what if its rainin & snowin & freezing , & I want to use an annex & stove. How do I fit me my pack & a bunch of wood Im trying to dry out in that little thing? If youre going to tell me to just deal with it, please be someone who has done it successfully.

bowinhand

WKR
Thats why I'm looking at getting a super tarp anax and stove. The para looks good for early season/e-shelter.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just used my paratarp for the first time, & its great. My question is, what if its rainin & snowin & freezing , & I want to use an annex & stove. How do I fit me my pack & a bunch of wood Im trying to dry out in that little thing? If youre going to tell me to just deal with it, please be someone who has done it successfully.

Depends on the area, but I've just dot ten real creative with stacking wood inside:)

Its amazing how much would you can fit, especially when you're to lazy to get out!

Rizzy

WKR
Keep in mind that if its snowing or raining, your going to need to be collecting squaw wood (dead wood still attached to the tree) to efficiently burn a fire. Wood doesn't dry out very well, and any moisture that is left in the wood robs the fire of BTU's and is difficult to keep going some times. So collecting wet wood and expecting it to dry out is going to be a pain in the a$$. Collect dry wood and stack it on the plastic so it's out of contact with the ground and/or snow. Your pack, which should be fairly empty after camp is set up, will probably have to go in the doorway/annex in the paratarp due to space constraints.

Here is what your in for ;)
My pack is to the right out of the pic and this is a Supertarp so there is more room

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpg
    IMG_0427.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
It gets tight in the paratarp!

Just stack it in that's about all you can do.

Unless you find a cool place where you can pitch the para more flat and still have the coverage.