parking for a sheep hunt

Tiger

FNG
hey guys ,,new to the forum . planning a sheep hunt next year northern BC . getting great info buy a few guys can't thank them enough, just one question I was wondering we are planning a hike in off a highway .i have never left my truck like this ? what do you think is the best idea , hide it ? leave it out in the open ?maybe a side Rd , or a campground or something ? just curious what others have done in the past ... thanks ..

tdot

WKR
Leave it in a designated pull out, remove or hide any valuables and it'll be fine.

KHntr

Lil-Rokslider
Might be worth finding out which RCMP detachment looks after that section of highway and just let them know its not an abandoned vehicle.
If the OP is planning on hunting NE BC for a walk in off the highway, there isn’t an RCMP detachment that looks after that section of highway regularly. They attend specific events from the Fort Nelson detachment, but they don’t patrol it much.
Additional to that, if it is during August there will be 5-50+ rigs parked along the highway corridor at any valley.
OP, park it wherever you are headed, no valuables in sight.
You will be parked a long way from where the shitrats live anyway. Pretty significant investment in time and money for them to get there.
Plus, you never know when a guy might pop out of the bushes beside you with a loaded rifle and you are rummaging through his truck. Good way to end up hitchhiking naked.

tdot

WKR
Just watch out for porcupines up there. I caught one eyeing up my car. One had already destroyed the brake lines in a Tacoma about 5km away and a Sierra had its wiring harness nibbled on. It's apparently a $2000 tow back to Fort Nelson.

OP
T

Tiger

FNG
ya them nibbling pricks ... ya I think bccaa is needed for sure

440Gordy

FNG
I've left mine in the designated pull outs lots. Just leave all valuables locked up and out of sight. I also recommend keeping a battery booster or a solar panel on your dash hooked to the battery of your vehicle. We learned the hard way once.