Paslode framing nailer

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like I will not be using mine till butane comes back down in price. I used to pay 12 or 14 dollars for two canisters of fuel.
Just priced one canister at 84 Lumber, 23 and change for one.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cheaper than money in the swear jar when I hit those little pecker pumpers with a Stiletto.

A lot cheaper than when I'm pissed about it and throw that thing into oblivion.

If you’re a contractor I’m surprised that increase is even noticed? I’m part time as a side gig and I’m basically adding 60-70% for materials and supplies than what I was charging 2-3 years ago. I feel like every has doubled in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just wrapping up a small framing project in my basement. Ended up hand nailing or screwing everything to avoid having to buy more. Should have paid, though, would have saved a lot of time.

elkguide

WKR
Sounds like paint cost. 2 years ago, I was paying $48 per gallon. This week the price has gone to $82 per gallon. Sure doesn't help all of the bids that I signed last year for this year! My bids for next year are all including a clause for inflation.

tdhanses

WKR
I never liked those nailers anyway. Air has always been faster and more reliable for me.
You need to try a Dewalt or Milwaukee cordless, I won’t go back to air for framing or finishing, still use air for a siding and roofing though.

Deerfield

Lil-Rokslider
You need to try a Dewalt or Milwaukee cordless, I won’t go back to air for framing or finishing, still use air for a siding and roofing though.
Amen. I switched to a Dewalt cordless framing and finish nailer. Haven’t used the air guns since, even for siding. Not being attached to a hose is incredible. The only application I’m not sold on is roofing. I see they make cordless roofing nailers, just not sure it can come close to keeping up with an air gun.

tdhanses

WKR
Amen. I switched to a Dewalt cordless framing and finish nailer. Haven’t used the air guns since, even for siding. Not being attached to a hose is incredible. The only application I’m not sold on is roofing. I see they make cordless roofing nailers, just not sure it can come close to keeping up with an air gun.
I would try the cordless roofer if they made it a siding/roofing coil, It can’t shoot the longer nails.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
The only framing and roofing guns that would keep up and last for us were Hitachi. There may be some other options out there now but nothing was even close in my opinion ten years ago. The gas nailers were a joke back then (maybe some are better now). Cordless nailers were just starting to show up from what I remember but couldn't come close to keeping up with us.

Luckily I don't build professionally anymore. Have an easy office job at Boeing now. ;)

tdhanses

WKR
The only framing and roofing guns that would keep up and last for us were Hitachi. There may be some other options out there now but nothing was even close in my opinion ten years ago. The gas nailers were a joke back then (maybe some are better now). Cordless nailers were just starting to show up from what I remember but couldn't come close to keeping up with us.

Luckily I don't build professionally anymore. Have an easy office job at Boeing now. ;)
A lot has changed in the last few years and 10 years ago feels like 50 😁. I don’t do it professionally but do everything myself so it’s nice having the tools, it can almost be as bad as hunting gear.

OP
boonez40

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
I only run Hitachi/Metabo cordless.
I still own an 18 volt Hitachi set that I bought 17 or 18 years ago. I used them up until I up graded to the 36 volt.
I just picked up a 1/2 drive impact gun to go along with my big 18 volt Snap On. Just some places the Snap On is to bulky to get into with. Plus it is hard on lag bolts, will snap them off if you are not careful

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
9daf5d6f1f69ebef9044c8c1da43b749.jpg

Last edited:

grfox92

WKR
Forget the gas nailers and get a Metabo or Milwaukee cordless nailer. They are a little heavy but the work flawlessly. On just a battery.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Air framing nailer. I stopped using my paslode when the gas cartridge prices went through the roof.

Foxsoup

FNG
How are the Milwaukee battery nailers? I like the Dewalt cordless, but they have to get rebuilt after a couple months of dedicated use. They also can’t handle LsL.

tdhanses

WKR
How are the Milwaukee battery nailers? I like the Dewalt cordless, but they have to get rebuilt after a couple months of dedicated use. They also can’t handle LsL.

I’ve only use the finishing nailers but I think the Gen 2 models are way better then the dewalt’s in that area, the Gen 1 Milwaukee’s had a ton of issues, can’t comment on the framer but I do like that the Milwaukee do not have a rampup, they just shoot. So far I like my dewalt framer and wouldn’t replace it with a Milwaukee yet, I also believe the Milwaukee framer is heavier and a tad bulkier.