Patagonia (please read)

Lowg08

WKR
I will not contest that some parts went to waste on a occasion. Archeological digs have discovered many thing that the plains Indians used the parts for. Even down to a way of meat preservation called pemmican.

ledflight

WKR
Digression. The original topic is interesting. I think the pleistociene megafuna extinction is interesting. The second topic doesn't aid in a discussion of the first...

Lowg08

WKR
I thought so lol.
Digression. The original topic is interesting. I think the pleistociene megafuna extinction is interesting. The second topic doesn't aid in a discussion of the first...
I am certainly impressed and you would be correct I stinking derailed the original. That is my fault

Lowg08

WKR
To possibly regain the topic. I have considered using some Patigonia mil-spec items but I’ve never researched the political side of the company

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
We're worried about researching the politics of every company, meanwhile we all buy cheap Chinese crap from Wal-Mart every day, along with oil from our enemies.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.
If you can't do everything.. Do nothing.. Great philosophy..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
We're worried about researching the politics of every company, meanwhile we all buy cheap Chinese crap from Wal-Mart every day, along with oil from our enemies.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.
Selective outrage is wonderful. Both the right and left can agree on it, they both are experts at it

OP
BackcountryBloodline
Also the plains Indian known for the buffalo jump used every part of the buffalo. Even made glue from the hooves.

Did they also use every part of the members of other tribes they slaughtered and mutilated as well? I mean I know cannibalism was common but it certainly wasn't universal. Definitely evidence of tribes in BC that didn't eat bear meat but still hunted and trapped the hell out of em, if you studied "most" tribes you should know all about that though. I feel like this is veering way off topic, the fact remains that without some form of management when it comes to predator species there is no true "balance," just massive swings in predator/prey populations. We've found that with selective harvest of not just ungulate species but also predator species we can actually come pretty darn close to the "balance" that these Patagonia types love to believe wolves provide an ecosystem. We're just another predator on the landscape ourselves, the only difference between us and wolves is that wolves don't do sheep counts and aerial mule deer studies so they can harvest accordingly ;)

OP
BackcountryBloodline
I don't shoot anything I don't intend to eat. I guess according to the OP, I'm not really a hunter. LOL

wow the way people like to label others these days...

I think the part where I clarified that was buried about 6 pages back, one more time for the record you're ALL probably much more successful hunters than I am and as long as you support the next mans right to shoot a coyote or coon that's causing him issues and respect his right to not eat it if he doesn't want to you're just as much a hunter as anyone else. It's those that think their way of hunting is right and any other form is morally objectionable and shouldn't be allowed that I take issue with. I agree this went way off track, I'm honestly surprised this wasn't locked yet but thanks for keeping it relatively civil guys!

I think the part where I clarified that was buried about 6 pages back, one more time for the record you're ALL probably much more successful hunters than I am and as long as you support the next mans right to shoot a coyote or coon that's causing him issues and respect his right to not eat it if he doesn't want to you're just as much a hunter as anyone else. It's those that think their way of hunting is right and any other form is morally objectionable and shouldn't be allowed that I take issue with. I agree this went way off track, I'm honestly surprised this wasn't locked yet but thanks for keeping it relatively civil guys!
Okay, I can agree with that.

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
This man gets it..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Lowg08

WKR
I agree each man has his or her right to hunt and belief in what is appropriate action to take with the meat or where he or she buys their stuff. I do not look at each company politics because they are all freaking crazy anyway.
It did stay relatively civil. I do appreciate a good civil debate now and then. I was always taught to respect another persons opinion. We never know what bases it. If you don’t want to buy Patagonia that is the persons choice. Just don’t bash others for doing it

I think bash away, civilly. If one can’t defend their actions then that’s on them. Most probably haven’t considered why they make the choices they make. Shoot most of us probably make a decision from an emotional place and defend that emotional decision with hand picked logic in support while ignoring the logic in conflict.