Patching Rain Pants

Benjblt

WKR
So some how I put a hole in my Kuiu Kutana rain pants. It appears that it's the outside layer is abraded and is open to the waterproofing layer. . or its the outside layer and the waterproofing layer that is abraded and the hole didn't quite penetrate the inside backer. Hopefully this makes sense. The point is the hole is not large and really isn't a through and through hole. Would seam sealer work? Like for a tent? What would you all recommend for repair?

Poser

WKR
I patched a rain jacket puncture with a healthy dose of seam sealant. I had a rip in some gaiters and had those professionally patched and the stitching taped on the inside.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
I patched a rain jacket puncture with a healthy dose of seam sealant. I had a rip in some gaiters and had those professionally patched and the stitching taped on the inside.
So the seam sealant seemed to work well?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Had good luck with tenacious tape patching my first lite rain gear when it got chewed up by thorns the first time I took it out. Unfortunately, I had worse luck with the first lite rain gear itself, but that is another story...damn you Ryan Callaghan. You used your weapons grade sex appeal and hypnotic mustache to get me to buy this dog shit jacket. Damn you. Damn you to hell.